With the introduction of the 2019 Ram Heavy Duty on Monday, the Ram brand released a ton of new information on the Heavy Duty lineup to the media. However, some of the stuff Ram didn’t touch on was some of the appearance packages available for the new Heavy Duty.
Our sister site HDRams.com received information that the 2019 Ram Heavy Duty will re-introduce the Night Appearance Package for the 2019 model year. For those who don’t remember, the Night Appearance Package was option package on 2017 to 2018 Ram 1500 (as well as 2500 and 3500) Sport models and was a massive hit with customers.
The Night Appearance Package for the 2019 Ram Heavy Duty models includes the following:
- Includes the Sport Appearance Package Content plus
- Black 20-inch Aluminum Wheels For Heavy Duty Models.
- LT285/60R20E OWL Firestone Transforce AT On/Off-Road Tires.
- Black Mirrors (Laramie Only).
- Black Headlamp Bezel (Standard Halogen headlamp on Big Horn, optional full-LED headlamps on Big Horn models, and standard full-LED headlamps on Laramie).
- Black Tail Lamp Bezel (Standard Halogen tail lamp on Big Horn, optional LED tail lamp on Big Horn models, and standard LED tail lamp on Laramie).
- Black Grille – Gloss Black Nostrils/Gloss Black Billets.
- Black Ram Door Badge.
- Black Big Horn (Lone Star Texas Only) or Laramie Badge.
- Black Ram Head Badge on Tailgate.
- Black Front R-A-M Badge.
- Black Hood Badges.
- Black Engine Designation Badges.
We have been getting a ton of e-mail about how our readers from the United States were upset that the Canada-only 2019 Ram 1500 Sport has black badging and black headlamp and tail lamps bezels from the Ram 1500 Rebel, but in the U.S they are only offered on Ram 1500 Black edition models (besides the Rebel). Currently, on Sport Appearance Package options for the Tradesman, Big Horn (Lone Star) and Laramie, all offer chrome badges and regular headlamp and tail lamp bezels. The Night Appearance Package would solve that problem for many of our readers.
We do know that Ram will be holding a press conference next month at the 2019 Chicago Auto Show. More than likely introducing some new product. As of now, 5thGenRams currently doesn’t know what Ram has in store. It could be a number of things including the new multifunction tailgate, the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty Chassis Cabs or a 1500 Night Appearance Package.
While the Ram Heavy Duty lineup pretty much mirrors the 1500 model with trim levels, it would be very odd that the Heavy Duty would get this package on its own and something similar wouldn’t be introduced to the Ram 1500.
Stay tuned to 5thGenRams.com for the latest 2019 Ram 1500 information, news and, rumors.