5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 On stock 22's

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
After much debate over new tires, I have finally settled on the Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 in the factory 285/45/22 size. I've only put a few hundred miles on them so far but have been impressed with how quiet they are. It is a 3 peaks rated tire so I am eager to try them out in the snow. I really like the look of the 22's but hate the tire options that were available. I did buy some OEM 20" Longhorn wheels from another forum member and will most likely wrap those in 285/60/20 Duratrac if I don't like how these perform in the snow.

IMG_20181201_203334.jpg IMG_20181201_203353.jpg

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After much debate over new tires, I have finally settled on the Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 in the factory 285/45/22 size. I've only put a few hundred miles on them so far but have been impressed with how quiet they are. It is a 3 peaks rated tire so I am eager to try them out in the snow. I really like the look of the 22's but hate the tire options that were available. I did buy some OEM 20" Longhorn wheels from another forum member and will most likely wrap those in 285/60/20 Duratrac if I don't like how these perform in the snow.

View attachment 10301 View attachment 10300
Good choice, I am not currently running these on my RAM but have had them in the past on pickups and currently have them on my Expedition. As you said, quiet ride. Also very good traction and last for many miles!

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
Good choice, I am not currently running these on my RAM but have had them in the past on pickups and currently have them on my Expedition. As you said, quiet ride. Also very good traction and last for many miles!

I believe they have a 60,000 mile warranty. Might only be 50,000 for a truck. At $250/tire I figured they were worth trying.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe they have a 60,000 mile warranty. Might only be 50,000 for a truck. At $250/tire I figured they were worth trying.
Yep properly taken care of and rotated when necessary they should get close to 50,000 miles on a pickup. My experience has been out of all the different tires I have put on pickups over the years these seem to get the closest mileage wise to their warranty than others. I am running a different tire on my Ram just to try them and see what kind of mileage I get out of them for the price. Good luck!

jeeplj8

Reaction score
do you feel like you lost anything in terms of handling, highway ride etc?
I am not happy with the Goodyear tires on the 22 option. They are all season, but with a very car friendly design. I suspect one reason these ride so nice on 22's is because the tire is extremely compliant of bumps etc. That and the narrow tread (9.4 inches wide on a tire that measures at 11.4 inches cross section)

Users who are viewing this thread