5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrangler Rubicon vs Rebel

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience in comparing a wrangler to a ram as a daily driver? More specifically, I’d be going from a rebel to a rubicon, mainly for the 6 speed manual.
I love my truck, love the ride, comfort, all of which I’d be giving up for the jeep. However, I really don’t need a truck even tho I’ve had one for the past 4 years. I love driving stick, and have a bronco reserved because it’s offered in stick. I finally gave the wrangler a chance and test drive a manual rubicon and really loved its character, leaning me towards going that route. (There’s become a million reasons from Ford why a lot of people aren’t going to follow through with their bronco orders, topic for another day).
just curious if anyone can weigh in on the experience of owning a jeep. I know I’d be giving up a bit with my ram, but I really only go fishing and hunting (a lot) and would love taking it on the beach etc, the Jeep would fit the lifestyle better and be cheaper in gas, insurance, and overall cost of the vehicle

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Jeeps are nice , my bil had one with the manual and he loved it . You’ll definitely feel the size and ride difference between the two .

antwon412

Reaction score
I kinda wish I had gotten a Rubicon. I built one with the same level of comfort as my Rebel (for a Jeep at least) and it was about $10k cheaper.
So instead I got a TJ. Rebel for comfort. TJ for wheeling.

Last edited:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah I wish I gave the wrangler a look before I bought my truck. I’ve always had a truck so I never thought anything of the Jeep, but I love driving manual trans.
I received a good trade value on my truck, only losing about $4,000 after having it a year and a half, 10K miles. Especially considering I’m on aftermarket suspension and wheels and tires lol. I’m most likely ordering a rubicon this week. Will be about $5,000 cheaper than my truck out the door, similarly equipped

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I've got a 2001 Wrangler.

It rides like a stagecoach and corners like a forklift. It also gets worse mileage than the Ram.
There's a certain joy that comes from driving a stock shift but it soon evaporates in stop-n-go LA traffic.
Mine is a soft top. Worst automotive decision I ever made. There's a very narrow window of weather when it's nice to take the top down. Otherwise the wind chill freezes you or you fry in the sun. When the soft top is up it flaps so much and is so noisy on the freeway that conversation is nearly impossible.

It's great for running local errands but long trips are not pleasant.

Users who are viewing this thread