5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiress charging pod

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Am i missing something? ive tryed and tryed to see if the wireless charging is working, is this standard the bighorn? 2019 i dont see a blue light or any light, on mine but there is the rubber pad with the two cell phones on it..

Attachments

• 50B75659-7C5C-4927-9FF0-FB254F5465A5.jpeg
    50B75659-7C5C-4927-9FF0-FB254F5465A5.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 183

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a square charging pad from Amazon and used double-sided tape to stick it right there. Plugged it into the USB port nearby. Now when I slide my phone into that pocket it also charges. $9 bucks and it's done. No need to retro-fit the expensive factory option.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
would the dealer have to program it?
No, if you install the charging pad yourself, you don't need to have it programmed. This is really a waste of money. I installed it after the fact and it barely keeps my phone charged when using Android Auto. I have a wireless android auto adapter so I don't need it plugged in. Plugging it in works better for charging or you can do what others have done with wireless chargers.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so i already have the mounting console and everything i just need the battery chargin pack then? seems odd to me id have the console mounted for
charging but not the electronics...

Attachments

• 7F4A44B0-ABF4-4D1F-A199-E666B8AADD02.png
    7F4A44B0-ABF4-4D1F-A199-E666B8AADD02.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 78

vincentw56

Reaction score
You don't have the console mounted for charging. You just have the standard phone holder. What you have shown is what you need to have wireless charging. If you look at the pad where the phone sits, you will see it is different.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the wireless charging in my Limited....and to be honest, I kind of gave up on it. It takes forever to charge, and it's finicky about where the phone has to be to get the blue light. I just use a USB-c wire, and life goes on....

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have the wireless charging in my Limited....and to be honest, I kind of gave up on it. It takes forever to charge, and it's finicky about where the phone has to be to get the blue light. I just use a USB-c wire, and life goes on....
Same here. It can't even charge my phone to 100% when running android auto wirelessly.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The OEM wireless charger outright sucks. I wouldn’t recommend adding it unless someone is giving you the parts and installing it for free. The only time I find it useful is on a road trip when I can leave my phone on the charger for hours because that’s how long it takes to charge.

dieldrin

Reaction score
I'll share my experience, for the first 15 months I used a magnetic USB connector very simple to pop on and off.
Solid connection worked perfectly with android auto.
My Galaxy S10 would charge very fast even while using android auto, between 1-1.5% per minute.
This summer I decided to try the wireless charger for a while, It was very finicky so I changed to a cheap slim phone case, now its pretty easy to get the charger to connect, every once in a while I'll need to shift it a little no big deal. This does charge slow but it will charge to 100% while using android auto, between .5-.9% per minute.

FYI - I'm using the wireless Android Auto adapter by Motorola now.
It tucks away very nicely like it was made for the Ram, It connects quickly and reliably.
Most functions work quickly and seamlessly EXCEPT voice to text will initiate quickly but it frequently doesn't hear my message....

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I like the Ramcharger and for $240, I would definitely add it. It's so nice to just drop my phone into the charger and go. I think I've put it in the wrong spot 2-3 times and got the flashing red light. No big deal, just reposition until the blue light illuminates. It charges slowly, but it's rare that I need more than just a top off. I've only plugged in my phone a time or two when I needed it to charge faster. After years of driving trucks where I had to plug in my phone, I'll never own a truck without a wireless charging pad again.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I bought a square charging pad from Amazon and used double-sided tape to stick it right there. Plugged it into the USB port nearby. Now when I slide my phone into that pocket it also charges. $9 bucks and it's done. No need to retro-fit the expensive factory option.
I have tried every stick pad I can find and I cannot get that to stay on there. That holder has an uneven pattern that won’t hold anything on there. I have tried 3M stick pads, Velcro pads, and even rubber bands and no success.

Users who are viewing this thread