5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless charger

Ram909

Reaction score
I installed the mopar wireless charger but got stuck on the wiring the install directions were confusing at the end I installed the orange wire in the harness however the red wire with no plug just cut is where I am stuck where does it go is this a power wire does it just need power to this wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TVANVA

Reaction score
Wow, it looks like the Mopar instructions have changed over time.

When I installed my wireless charger last year, I spliced the red wire into C3, pin 9.

Looks like the instructions on the Mopar site don't mention the red wire or that connection at all.

For what it is worth, here is a link to my supplementary notes made during my install: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/wireless-phone-charger-install.9433/

Note that the step numbers (starting with my Step 35) will now be off from the newer Mopar document.

JayStein

Reaction score
Wow, it looks like the Mopar instructions have changed over time.

When I installed my wireless charger last year, I spliced the red wire into C3, pin 9.

Looks like the instructions on the Mopar site don't mention the red wire or that connection at all.

For what it is worth, here is a link to my supplementary notes made during my install: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/wireless-phone-charger-install.9433/

Note that the step numbers (starting with my Step 35) will now be off from the newer Mopar document.
How has splicing into C3 pin 9 worked for you? Any issues with tapping that location?

TVANVA

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't tried unplugging that connection to see what happens.

I don't have the wiring chart to see what that connection actually is.

With that connection the charger works and I didn't have to have any sales codes entered by the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread