5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Carplay - Anybody Tried this?

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Says 2019 Ram 1500 supported. One of the most annoying things is having the wireless charger but still having to plug up for carplay.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Says 2019 Ram 1500 supported. One of the most annoying things is having the wireless charger but still having to plug up for carplay.

No...but please do and report :)

SacRebel

Reaction score
Not sure if it's worth $120. Plus I'd like to see it work with the new iOS 13 before buying one.

Bradleys

Reaction score
I would be interested, but i need some reviews before I drop $120.

CarPlay is already finicky and only works with a factory cable - so the connectivity worries me a bit.

Last I read, the encryption to create the wireless connection still hadn’t been broken. Color me skeptical.

Last edited:

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
I contacted the manufacturer and Asked for a video of it working on a non-Audi vehicle, since the site is geared to Audi’s. The owner replied saying he didn’t have video but knew someone with a Chevy Volt that bought one and it worked. He said it’s basically a script that tricks the display into thinking it’s an iPhone and then connects you your iPhone Using BT / WiFi making it think it’s a display unit.

stevestrike

Reaction score
One of the "first world problems" I face every day is deciding to use the cool wireless charging, but foregoing Carplay, vs plugging in the lightning cable like a flipping Neanderthal. If this works, $120 is a done deal. Please post back if you get this/run it on iOS13

Neokane

Reaction score
Contact the seller and ask for a free or discounted one so you can test it. Or me the info and i will!

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
They list 2018-2019 RAM x500’s as being compatible. Just ordered one so will report back once I receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! I hope it works. I would love to be able to not have to plug in every time. I also wonder how it works with multiple iPhones. For instance if my wife and I both have our phones synced to it and we get in the truck at the same time. That's not as big of a deal though. If it works, I'm definitely getting one.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
you still have to use a lightning cable for it on ios 13
iOS version has nothing to do with wireless CarPlay (it has been on prior iOS versions for a couple of years now). It's the vehicle that has to support it, like a newer BMW 5 series for example.

james.h.morris68

Reaction score
Ditto this. Need an update! ;)

Still waiting for delivery. It’s shipped direct from China to Canada so takes about a week to get here. At least no tariffs when it comes here. Too soon?

Anyway it’s supposed to be here tomorrow. I’ll post an update as soon as I test it out. FYI tests will be with iOS 13 on iPhone X, 13.1 beta on iPhone 11 Pro Max and iOS 12.4 on iPhone 8.

james.h.morris68

Reaction score
No joy folks. Well a little. I got it to work twice. Once with iOS 13.1 beta on my iPhone 11 pro Max and once on my iPhone X running the same OS. iPhone 7 running 12.4 no joy at all. The two times it worked there was no latency and everything worked as it should. 13.1 GM is out on the 24th so I’ll try it again later this week. Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread