5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Apple CarPlay 2022 Ram UConnect

undertow119

Reaction score
Just bought my new Ram. Love the wireless CarPlay, but it has a few (relatively minor) connectivity issues sometimes. My iPhone is still on iOS 14, so I'm hoping an update to iOS 15.3.1 will fix the minor issues, but I'm afraid because once you update iOS you can't go back. I've read horror stories on other (non-Ram) forums about iOS 15 and wireless CarPlay, so I don't want to update and turn my pretty-much-working-but-minor-annoyances problem into a doesn't-work-at-all problem.

That said, anybody with a 2022 Ram, UConnect 5 8.4-inch (non-nav) using wireless Apple CarPlay with iOS 15.3.1? Success stories? Horror stories?

Thanks.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with mine but I have 12” screen and running 15.2.1. Updating now to 15.3.1 so I’ll let you know as soon as I have time to test.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just bought my new Ram. Love the wireless CarPlay, but it has a few (relatively minor) connectivity issues sometimes. My iPhone is still on iOS 14, so I'm hoping an update to iOS 15.3.1 will fix the minor issues, but I'm afraid because once you update iOS you can't go back. I've read horror stories on other (non-Ram) forums about iOS 15 and wireless CarPlay, so I don't want to update and turn my pretty-much-working-but-minor-annoyances problem into a doesn't-work-at-all problem.

That said, anybody with a 2022 Ram, UConnect 5 8.4-inch (non-nav) using wireless Apple CarPlay with iOS 15.3.1? Success stories? Horror stories?

Thanks.
imo you get better results with it plugged in at least I do with android auto

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with mine but I have 12” screen and running 15.2.1. Updating now to 15.3.1 so I’ll let you know as soon as I have time to test.
Not anything scientific but haven't had any issues with the updated IOS version.

martin82531

Reaction score

Thanks.

I’m running 15.4 (beta) no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undertow119

Reaction score
Just an update for anyone who might be watching this thread or finds it in the future: I updated my iPhone to iOS 15.3.1 and had no issues at all. Also, the radio in my Ram got an OTA update yesterday, and so far everything seems to be working smoothly. (y)

Last edited:

RHoskies

Reaction score
I've got 15.3.1 and my Carplay just randomly stopped working. I can't seem to figure out why.
So its still an issue IMO

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
I recently updated to the 15.3.1 version and no issues with the Carplay. I love the wireless feature.

WPC71

Reaction score
I had to turn off Carplay. Every few vehicle starts, the screen would jump back and forth from CarPlay to Sirius every few seconds. The only way to correct it would be to shut off my phone and turn it back on.

Dgulia

Reaction score
My CarPlay connected for about 2 days and since then nothing
Don’t know if it’s phone or the system.
But it always connect if I have wired connection

Jamesontf

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2022 Big horn. I love the truck except the wireless car play. It skips and skips then completely cuts off the phone(I phone with most uptodate set ups(15.6.1)) simply put wireless doesn’t work at all after 5 minutes the only solve is to forget connection and plug it in. Tried soft resets, also tried to make sure the Uconnect was up to date, but can’t figure out how to update it. I do have the nav.

GP-TEK

Reaction score

Thanks.
What minor issues are you having?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2022 Big horn. I love the truck except the wireless car play. It skips and skips then completely cuts off the phone(I phone with most uptodate set ups(15.6.1)) simply put wireless doesn’t work at all after 5 minutes the only solve is to forget connection and plug it in. Tried soft resets, also tried to make sure the Uconnect was up to date, but can’t figure out how to update it. I do have the nav.
Hello Jamesontf,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, along with a photo of your Uconnect software information, we'd be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Slcbtf

Reaction score
Brand new truck here as well purchased a few weeks ago. Carplay doesn't stay connected and calls are bounced back and forth. I've updated the Uconnect system..which actually said there wasn't an update, soft reset, hard reset, forget connection with Blutooth and about everything else. Recently upgraded to ios 16 with a Iphone 13 Pro and nothing helps. Carplay wirelessly is basically useless as it is. Nothing stays connected after about 5-10 minutes of connecting. Very frustrating. The best descriptions is that it just won't stay connected.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brand new truck here as well purchased a few weeks ago. Carplay doesn't stay connected and calls are bounced back and forth. I've updated the Uconnect system..which actually said there wasn't an update, soft reset, hard reset, forget connection with Blutooth and about everything else. Recently upgraded to ios 16 with a Iphone 13 Pro and nothing helps. Carplay wirelessly is basically useless as it is. Nothing stays connected after about 5-10 minutes of connecting. Very frustrating. The best descriptions is that it just won't stay connected.
Don't have a clue what your issue is. But when I picked mine up, I parked the rental car right next to the RAM. We had connected our phones to the rental. So when we tried to connect to the RAM CarPlay would be fine for thirty seconds or so then cut off. Then reconnect a few seconds later. When we returned the rental we deleted our phones from it and RAM CarPlay has worked flawless since then.

We surmised CarPlay got confused and was bouncing back and forth!

utlong31

Reaction score

This is about the same problem I’m having with new 2022. I lost XM radio also today.

RamCares

Reaction score
This is about the same problem I’m having with new 2022. I lost XM radio also today.

Hello Utlong31,

If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Slcbtf,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your vehicle. If you wish to discuss this further, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Jamesontf

Reaction score
I would like to give an update. Ram cares contacted me, they said there would be an update coming and they hope it will help. I tried again after the new iOS update and this is what I noticed maps worked with no connection issues until I tried listening to an audio book. After 30 seconded it started skipping then it dropped connection all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/