5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Replacement with Sensor

SirHempCo

Reaction score
A rock chip cracked my windshield (21' 1500 Laramie) right at the edge. Took it to Safelite and they said due to the location of the chip, the windshield needed to be replaced. Anyone have experience having their windshield replaced with sensors? If it didn't have all the technology crap it wouldn't be an issue. Don't these thing come calibrated etc? Will a dealership be able to handle this?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Safelite should be able to get the glass and calibrate the sensors.

djjr50

Reaction score
I am in week 6 or 7 on waiting for a replacement windshield. Supposedly, there is a shortage. I also have the Lane Keep Assist camera, so I might wait longer than you.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
They have all the equipment they need to recalibrate your lane-keep camera and the other sensors. Don't worry about it.

Jowilly66

Reaction score
How's this for being a dope? I have a 2021 Laramie. There was a fly on the inside of my windshield. Tried to back hand it. My ring hit windshield and cracked it. Need to replace the whole thing. Safelite says around $1800 to replace, cant be repaired. One would think a big bad truck wouldnt be damaged by a wedding band.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How's this for being a dope? I have a 2021 Laramie. There was a fly on the inside of my windshield. Tried to back hand it. My ring hit windshield and cracked it. Need to replace the whole thing. Safelite says around $1800 to replace, cant be repaired. One would think a big bad truck wouldnt be damaged by a wedding band.
Your love is strong :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread