5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wind noise

Stan&Donna

Reaction score
had the dealer install rain guards on windows now dealer says that is causing the wind noise anyone else having this problem

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
My 2018 has mopar visors while my 2020 has AVS. The AVS have a flatter profile while the mopar are more rounded, maybe that’s the difference in my case.

41magmag41

Reaction score
I have had both types of visors, ram and avs, presently have the mopar visors on my 2019 1500, gift from my wife of 40 yrs, and really like them. The only wind noise I get is at 80mph from the drivers front a pillar. Hell I consider that normal and just turn the radio up a little, lol.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a groaning sound every time I hit 90...then it grandly subsided when I tell her I’ll slow down.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of wind noise comes from the side mirrors, whether or not one has the "visor vents" installed.

On my 2020 1500 (newer DT platform), I noticed a slight increase in wind noise with the Mopar visor vents. Although any increase in wind noise is unwelcome, I consider it worth a bit of added wind noise in order to get the benefits of the visor vents.

Users who are viewing this thread