5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind noise entering cab of truck

No Grip

Reaction score
I bought a TRX a couple of weeks ago. Well, it has been back at the stealership pretty much since I bought it. There is a wind noise entering the cab of the truck. I have researched this issue and no it has nothing to do with the A/C or blend door. To troubleshoot it myself, I tapped up every crack, seam and window I could and the wind noise still persists. I have engaged RAM customer service and we have a star case on it. Unfortunately my description of the problem was incorrectly entered into the start case. I am dealing with an incompetent dealer. They have had the truck now for more than two weeks. I am seriously thinking about a lemon lawyer at this point.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I read a post somewhere else of someone with a TRX experiencing the same issue with a whistling or wind noise entering the cab. I could be mistaken, but I believe they determined it was a windshield that was not properly sealed around the passenger side A pillar. Not sure how likely it is that you are seeing the same issue, but worth mentioning since another TRX owner had a very similar issue.

Last edited:

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I bought a TRX a couple of weeks ago. Well, it has been back at the stealership pretty much since I bought it. There is a wind noise entering the cab of the truck. I have researched this issue and no it has nothing to do with the A/C or blend door. To troubleshoot it myself, I tapped up every crack, seam and window I could and the wind noise still persists. I have engaged RAM customer service and we have a star case on it. Unfortunately my description of the problem was incorrectly entered into the start case. I am dealing with an incompetent dealer. They have had the truck now for more than two weeks. I am seriously thinking about a lemon lawyer at this point.
could be the vents between the cab and bed of the truck. Most of us have dealt with this noise. While driving at speed turn on the recirc and if you notice a reduction in noise that’s what it most likely is. Do a search on here and you’ll find posts of how people have dealt with it.

Last edited:

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does it have a sunroof? i've heard people getting some air in the sunroof and it shaking the thin sunroof shade. hopefully you get it sorted out!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you checked the rear seat bolt holes? My truck made a whistle noise with the front windows cracked and turns out it was rear seat bolt holes that werent plugged.

Edup

Reaction score
I think I read a post somewhere else of someone with a TRX experiencing the same issue with a whistling or wind noise entering the cab. I could be mistaken, but I believe they determined it was a windshield that was not properly sealed around the passenger side A pillar. Not sure how likely it is that you are seeing the same issue, but worth mentioning since another TRX owner had a very similar issue.
I'm having this exact same problem. I know this is going to be difficult to fix as I'm not sure where it's coming through. It's also happening when I go at around 50-70 miles. It's a whistling noise. The dealer is already aware of the situation and I just bought it about 4 days ago. So I'm tackling it this upcoming week, please let me know if you solve it. I'll report back when I have some more info on it as well to help the community in case someone else has the same problem in the future.

Thanks
Eduardo

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
Your seems to be the door seal or window seal. Did you take it to the dealer?
It’s going in soon for an unrelated issue, but yes I’ve sent the video and they are aware. They had done the driver’s side a couple of months ago, hopefully that’ll be it for a while.

jmezzo

Reaction score
Have you checked the rear seat bolt holes? My truck made a whistle noise with the front windows cracked and turns out it was rear seat bolt holes that werent plugged.
Hey z0n3, I have the same whistle noise when the front window is cracked and have narrowed it down to near/around the rear seat bolt holes. How did you resolve this?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Remove the rear seat and put the bolts back in the holes they came out of. Place a drop light under the truck and tape over the holes that you can see light through, the factory uses something that looks like small pieces of round tape. The carpet might cover a couple so be sure to check all over. You could try from the under side without having to remove the rear seats but the tape could eventually fall off

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Could it be the ANC? I've heard mine sounds like wind at times.

jmezzo

Reaction score
Remove the rear seat and put the bolts back in the holes they came out of. Place a drop light under the truck and tape over the holes that you can see light through, the factory uses something that looks like small pieces of round tape. The carpet might cover a couple so be sure to check all over. You could try from the under side without having to remove the rear seats but the tape could eventually fall off
Yup I did exactly this. I got so annoyed by the whistling noise on my way to work this morning so I pulled both rear seats out and put black duck tape over every hole I could see. I re-installed the seats and it appears the noise is gone. Thanks!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey z0n3, I have the same whistle noise when the front window is cracked and have narrowed it down to near/around the rear seat bolt holes. How did you resolve this?
Mine ended up being unused bolt holes under the seat as mentioned. I removed the plastic and unbolted the seats and filled the holes with a two part epoxy.

JaylonW

Reaction score
It is your cabin air filter....the casing is broken. Had same issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online