5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 17" wheels fit?

PaGregSS

Reaction score
New member here, possible convert from Silverados. I'm mulling over ordering a 2019 Bighorn. One issue I'm struggling with is that I have a set of dedicated snow tires and wheels for my truck. I've used them on 3 different Silverados at this point, but they are 17 inchers. I've seen threads stating that the chevy wheels will fit the 2019s, but I haven't seen mention of a 17 inch wheel. At minimum, I'd like to be able to use the tires I have, but it'd be a homerun if the wheels and tires bolted right up. I believe I saw in the specs that the spare on the 2019s is 17 inches. Can anyone confirm that a 17 inch wheel does fit?

S

Smashy71

New member here, possible convert from Silverados. I'm mulling over ordering a 2019 Bighorn. One issue I'm struggling with is that I have a set of dedicated snow tires and wheels for my truck. I've used them on 3 different Silverados at this point, but they are 17 inchers. I've seen threads stating that the chevy wheels will fit the 2019s, but I haven't seen mention of a 17 inch wheel. At minimum, I'd like to be able to use the tires I have, but it'd be a homerun if the wheels and tires bolted right up. I believe I saw in the specs that the spare on the 2019s is 17 inches. Can anyone confirm that a 17 inch wheel does fit?
They both have the same offset of 6x139.7 so they should slide right on. That’s my 2 cents.

PaGregSS

Reaction score
I should clarify that my main concern is brake clearance.

S

Smashy71

Oh gotcha! I have a 97 Tahoe with 16 inch wheels. Makes me wonder if those wheels will fit. I may kill some time tomorrow and play around with them.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess is that the bolt pattern may match the 19 Ram 1500 but the brakes are much bigger in redesign and 18" is smallest wheel offered on any of the models ......so......suspect the 17" size may not make it past caliper. Just a wild a$$ guess on my part. Rebels come with 18" from factory.

wthomps79

Reaction score
17s won't fit. The factory 18s even have a small dished area to provide a little clearance to the brakes. Some aftermarket 18s won't even fit depending on backspacing. Your snow tires are a no go.

PaGregSS

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for confirming what I suspected. Thats a bummer. Now I need to factor the cost of a set of snow tires into my decision. I'd just mount them on the stock 18s as I plan on a level with new tires and wheels right away.

Tilter

Reaction score
Why not just sell them on a GM forum? You can buy winter wheels pretty cheap here...

Viper67

Reaction score
17s won't fit. The factory 18s even have a small dished area to provide a little clearance to the brakes. Some aftermarket 18s won't even fit depending on backspacing. Your snow tires are a no go.

What backspacing is needed to do 18” aftermarkets? I’d like to be as close to stock as I can. Would love to run 17s.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread