5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi stopped working

demond97

Reaction score
All of a sudden my WiFi stopped working.

The SSID (hotspot name) was there but it refused the password.

Changed the password, same issue.

Changed the SSID. The old SSID is still being broadcast.

Tried a system reset. It changed the SSID sand password. Still the old SSID is showing.

Called Uconnect support. Got nowhere.

Any ideas before I have to go to the dealer?

demond97

Reaction score
To clarify, when I say the old SSID is there, it’s the one that my phone discovers. The Uconnect display shows a different SSID.

And I’ve tried this with three different phones!

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Did you tell your phone to forget the old SSID? It would be an option like 'Forget Network'. Then rescan for the new SSID.

demond97

Reaction score
Did you tell your phone to forget the old SSID? It would be an option like 'Forget Network'. Then rescan for the new SSID.
Yes. Did the routine to clear and forget l networks, but the fact that Uconnect is still broadcasting the old SSID is ... weird!

Johnvan

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Extremely annoying. The system won't even allow me to change the SSID name or password.
We've tried to connect on multiple devices, both Android and IOS.
The problem is intermittent. It seems to be worse where the cell coverage isn't as good.

Users who are viewing this thread