5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why so much animosity lol ?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram seems to have made various versions to suit everyone’s needs. Yet I continually see one berating the other if you don’t have that version. The biggest culprits seem to be the Limited vs Longhorn people. I get it not everyone is into what you have and that’s a good thing. Just don’t see why we can’t be happy for each other as opposed to knocking others down.

I for one can not speak on anyone else’s finance and why they’ve purchased what they have. I don’t care if you have a Tradesman or a Limited. If what you purchased suits your needs, then I’m happy to talk shop with you. Buying a $70K truck vs the guy with a $35K one doesn’t mean you’re empowered. Just means you’ve gotten what I hope is exactly what you’ve chosen to pay for.

yes this is my rant for the day, maybe because my hand hurts, or maybe because it’s all the bickering that made me post this lol. Either way keep modding and the rest will take care of itself.

PorBoy

Reaction score
It’s not just one posting sadly, it’s people thinking because they have one vs the other it’s a better look. I get it not everyone is into the Longhorn interior, just like everyone is feeling the Limited grill. Some people aren’t feeling the 22” wheels or the blacked out Limited. Heck I’ve had folks tell me my chrome bumpers would look better if they weren’t chrome lol. Regardless encouragement goes a lot further then discouragement as I’ve been taught by my professors. :)

R

Rob5589

Meh, if your skin is thick enough it won't bother you. Just another example of people craving approval from anonymous names on the internet.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol just me venting today as the pain in my hand sadly is more pronounced.

heydre

Reaction score
Weird...I spend an hour a day browsing many new posts but have noticed very little trim fanboying going on here....not to say you don't...if anything I've only seen it against other truck brands, certain dealerships, or rants towards RAM manufacturing.

silver billet

Reaction score
Yet I continually see one berating the other if you don’t have that version. The biggest culprits seem to be the Limited vs Longhorn people.

That's because they're upset they didn't get a Bighorn, everyone knows the Bighorn is best. :p

Rototerrier

Reaction score
The longhorn is clearly the best trim level. And if anyone paid anywhere near 70k on these trucks, they got hosed. My condolences to any of you that didn't do your research and over paid.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Some people come here to whine, it’s unavoidable. Nature of the internet and forums. You don’t see many positive reviews on yelp. When people are happy they tend to go on with their happy lives. When people are unhappy, they seek revenge on the internet/forums. That said I think most of the people on this forum are positive and are either searching for answers, for mods or legit problems, or just sharing their enthusiasm for their mods/trucks. Most of the flamers get tired and burn out. The real enthusiasts hang around. Never feed the trolls. I don’t care what you have, what you paid, or what mods you make. Whether I would do it to mine is besides the point. If you like it, rock on.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No no no red limited with ram boxes are the best, please excuse me for a bit, have to schedule my bed step recall with the dealer :ROFLMAO:

BMANN06

Reaction score
Yah Agreed .. F*** the instragram bs or Facebloke crap ... buy what you like and what suits you. I don't really care and neither should the boyz shelling out the dough for these trucks. I like the longhorn just hate the badging ... I like black interiors .... does that make my truck better ... of course not. Just what I like. Buy what you like ... who cares anyways ... when it boils down to brass tacks these ram interiors (regarless of top line trim) make anything else on the market this year look like a 98' pontiac sunfire. You don't like my interior decorating ... no problem you don't need to drink here anyways ...

My $0.02

dstevens

Reaction score
Agreed. I drove a 2020 Laramie with more tech than the space shuttle and a Tradesman with vinyl seats and floors. There is something to like in all of them.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Can't say I've noticed much if any "mine is best".
I'd have been just as happy with the Bighorn or Laramie but she wanted the colors only found in the Ltd so Ltd it was.
Now if the BH had the Ivory tri-coat and light interior, I'd have gladly saved $30K!
But, pleasing someone else can cost ya'.

I'm just glad I have a 5th gen RAM to drive every once in a while...

Users who are viewing this thread