5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does the Mopar Extended Warranty price vary per state?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
When purchasing my wife's Nissan a few years back the Extended Warranty was non-negotiable and more expensive than other states.

Decided to check if the same was true for the Mopar Extended Warranty and the price for Florida was $1,000 more than other states.

Anyone have any idea why the price varies per state?

Also, would it be possible to purchase it with an address in another state, then ship it to my state to save $1k?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When purchasing my wife's Nissan a few years back the Extended Warranty was non-negotiable and more expensive than other states.

Decided to check if the same was true for the Mopar Extended Warranty and the price for Florida was $1,000 more than other states.

Also, would it be possible to purchase it with an address in another state, then ship it to my state to save $1k?
Somewhere this has been discussed on the forum. I believe it has to do with Florida law. The time frame may go back to your arrival to the forum.

U

User_3336

Florida is the exception for ESP's. This has been covered in several threads referring to extended warranties.
Yeah, you will pay more.
SEARCH is your friend sometimes.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in FLA now. I think it's because of the way people drive down here. They're Nuts. My name is Nascar Tommy, believe me I'm a lead foot but these Floridians! So they charge more in FLA because they know you're going to beat on it.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Remote purchase would be difficult, upon purchase you have to show residency for taxes.

U

User_3336

Any dealer can sell a Mopar ESP to a FLA resident if they are licensed in the state of FLA to do so.
However, it can't be discounted.

Quoted "In Florida Extended Warranties are considered Insurance and it is regulated. All warranties sold in FL must be sold at MSRP and can not be more or less. Everyone gets the same price."

And to add to is, Quoted "You also have to have a 2-53 License to sell them. An out of state dealer isn't going to go through the trouble of getting that license. Larger nationwide Service Contract providers/sellers will however."

Also, there is The 2016 Florida Statutes Title XXXVII INSURANCE Chapter 634.

I'd be VERY leary/suspicious of a an online dealer selling a extended warranty at a discounted price to a resident in FLA. This practice might be subject to audit of the dealership selling it, and it might possibly result in a cancellation of the esp purchase.

Tread lightly on this.

U

User_3336

I'm in FLA now. I think it's because of the way people drive down here. They're Nuts. My name is Nascar Tommy, believe me I'm a lead foot but these Floridians! So they charge more in FLA because they know you're going to beat on it.
In Florida Extended Warranties are considered Insurance and it is regulated. All warranties sold in FL must be sold at MSRP and can not be more or less. Everyone gets the same price.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
In Florida Extended Warranties are considered Insurance and it is regulated. All warranties sold in FL must be sold at MSRP and can not be more or less. Everyone gets the same price.

Thanks. I guess the auto industry must have made enough "donations" to the right people to get that invoked. :p

Users who are viewing this thread