5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why cant I drive in Entry mode on my limited??

10thAnniversary

Reaction score
I like the lower setting on ride height, how can I get it to stay in the mode/height when driving over 10mph!?

Thanks fellas

myram2019

Reaction score
On mine it sometimes gets stuck in that mode and i can continue riding at any speed. Don't know how or what causes it to remain at that height. I wouldn't recommend riding in entry mode, as the truck rides extremely rough, as if it has no suspension at all. Not a comfortable ride, but yes looks awesome that low.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not advocating it, but if you really want to stay at a lower ride height, then look into adjustable links for the air suspension. That will permanently keep your truck lower at all settings (at least, as long as you continue to use the adjustable links).

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I think there was a workaround posted somewhere.

I’m not sure but it was something like put your truck in entry mode when you turn it off and then remote start and get in and go….. I think it’ll stay in entry but I agree with the others, your riding on the bump stops and that’s not a great idea.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not advocating it, but if you really want to stay at a lower ride height, then look into adjustable links for the air suspension. That will permanently keep your truck lower at all settings (at least, as long as you continue to use the adjustable links).
I did this on my Grand Cherokee, although I adjusted up not down. I made my own links, but you can buy them fairly cheap, and install is a cake walk.
Essentially you're fooling it into thinking you're sitting higher/lower than you actually are. It will show that you're in "normal" mode, when the height is at entry/exit. I'm not sure how it will effect E/E mode, but on my Jeep it would give me an error if I tried to select OR2 since it couldn't go any higher to reach where it thought that setting was. You may have a similar issue in that it will try to go lower to reach what it thinks is E/E but it will hit the bump stops and error out.

10thAnniversary

Reaction score
I think there was a workaround posted somewhere.

I’m not sure but it was something like put your truck in entry mode when you turn it off and then remote start and get in and go….. I think it’ll stay in entry but I agree with the others, your riding on the bump stops and that’s not a great idea.
Hmmm interesting

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting
I haven't tried this on my truck on purpose, but it might explain how mine got "stuck" in entry/exit. I lowered the suspension using the fob. Remote started the next time I drove and it stayed in entry/exit until I used the switch to raise it.
Like was already mentioned, I wouldn't want to drive at highway speeds with the suspension in that position. But for cruising on the street it should be fine. Although the smoother the surface the better.

wvinson

Reaction score
My '19 and '22 Limited will stay in entry/exit mode when I lower it with the key fob while it's turned off and don't lock it. I thought there was something wrong with the software in my '19, but the '22 does the same thing. Not my thing though as the ride is unbearable.

Users who are viewing this thread