5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who owns. Tradesman

RAM5

Reaction score
Sorry, i Didn’t finish the title.

who owns a Tradesman? Please post pics.

RAM5

Reaction score
Nice! Good to see another Tradesman.
I don’t see many when I’m out and about cruising in my Tradesman. I see the higher trimmed Rams Which I love, however I needed a work truck, family truck and a truck with a high towing pkg and 392, so I decided on the Tradesman I purchased.

thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Mikzwol

Reaction score
Nice! Good to see another Tradesman.
I don’t see many when I’m out and about cursing in my Tradesman. I see the higher trimmed Rams Which I love, however I needed a work truck, family truck and a truck with a high towing pkg and 392, so I decided the Tradesman I purchased.

thanks for sharing
That's the same reason I bought ours. We have a 30 foot travel trailer and it pulls it great. We love the truck 20200531_062308.jpg

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I looked hard at the tradesman as it ticked most of my boxes. I just wanted a bigger screen though, that was one reason I bumped into the Big Horn. But the tradesman with the Hemi has a ton of value and doesn't get enough love!

PorBoy

Reaction score
I wanted a Tradesman as my project vehicle but with my wife only being 5’1” she wasn’t feeling not having a power passenger seat.

RAM5

Reaction score
M
I wanted a Tradesman as my project vehicle but with my wife only being 5’1” she wasn’t feeling not having a power passenger seat.
i did have a 2014 Bighorn before I got my 2019 and I can say that I do miss the drivers electric Seat , so I get it

PorBoy

Reaction score
The funny part is we hardly drive it so I could have easily went with a Tradesman and added my twist to it.

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
I am old school...and just as on my previous Harleys..." chrome won't get you home"... so the Tradesman was a logical choice for me ( everyone is entitled to disagree.) Purchased in Nov2019 and to date only have ~ 1300 miles because of no traveling with the virus, and I have a 2005 Silverado for everyday running around. ( 5.3L/3:23 gets an honest 23-24 mpg on the highway.) I do believe the '19 I purchased may have been an ordered truck that someone defaulted on. It's equipped with the Tradesman Level 1 pkg...so cloth seat, sliding rear window, etc.) tow package, 5.7 Hemi, rear camera ( standard ). spray-in liner, wheel liners, posi ( maybe they still call it a locker or sure-grip) and the 3:21 R&P. The 3:21 is fine for the once or twice a year I may tow a trailer, otherwise it's a commuter, averaging about 17mpg around town. Came with AL wheels which I may change for something else. ( Actually there are a lot of Mopar/RAM takeoffs at a fraction of aftermarket and with a little imagination and paint, look just as good.) Not being able to leave anything totally stock, it received "MOPAR" graphics on the bed, storage box under the rear seat ( handy ) , installed a tonneau cover within 3 days of purchase ( did same with my 2005 and it has zero(0) best rust with no plastic nor spray-in liner ) Because I am partially handicapped, it received steps right away...but again not electric...just one more thing to screw up. The rest, to date, has just been "bells and whistles", which nevertheless draws attention. I designed / fabricated a light bar for under the rear. The white LEDS are flood light, while the "yellow" are programmable flashers. Using a secondary battery in the bed...so as not to trip the infamous " Intelligent Battery Sensor" and give the dealer an excuse not to cover a flaw under warranty. The one addition I would have opted for would have been a "Hemi" style hood...SRT, Hellcat...because the hoods on other models of the RAM remind me of something an engineer with a love of Transformer movies bolted on...with no real function. BTW there are now some aftermarket hoods with scoops. ( Be aware...tempted by the Mopar RAM AIR addition? As always FCA put in a CYA clause in the instructions and it's really not that effective anyways.)
If I really want to get dirty, I revert to my '65 Belvedere 440 Nostalgia car.

Attachments

• MoparVinyl2.jpg
    MoparVinyl2.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 75
  • P7160053.JPG
    P7160053.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 73
  • P7160055.JPG
    P7160055.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 72
  • P7160056.JPG
    P7160056.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 71
  • P7160057.JPG
    P7160057.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 71
  • P7160060.JPG
    P7160060.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 67
  • P7160061.JPG
    P7160061.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 65
  • ramair hook.jpg
    ramair hook.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 68
  • PA030045 - Copy.JPG
    PA030045 - Copy.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 63
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 68

Crockett

Reaction score
I am old school...and just as on my previous Harleys..." chrome won't get you home"... so the Tradesman was a logical choice for me ( everyone is entitled to disagree.) Purchased in Nov2019 and to date only have ~ 1300 miles because of no traveling with the virus, and I have a 2005 Silverado for everyday running around. ( 5.3L/3:23 gets an honest 23-24 mpg on the highway.) I do believe the '19 I purchased may have been an ordered truck that someone defaulted on. It's equipped with the Tradesman Level 1 pkg...so cloth seat, sliding rear window, etc.) tow package, 5.7 Hemi, rear camera ( standard ). spray-in liner, wheel liners, posi ( maybe they still call it a locker or sure-grip) and the 3:21 R&P. The 3:21 is fine for the once or twice a year I may tow a trailer, otherwise it's a commuter, averaging about 17mpg around town. Came with AL wheels which I may change for something else. ( Actually there are a lot of Mopar/RAM takeoffs at a fraction of aftermarket and with a little imagination and paint, look just as good.) Not being able to leave anything totally stock, it received "MOPAR" graphics on the bed, storage box under the rear seat ( handy ) , installed a tonneau cover within 3 days of purchase ( did same with my 2005 and it has zero(0) best rust with no plastic nor spray-in liner ) Because I am partially handicapped, it received steps right away...but again not electric...just one more thing to screw up. The rest, to date, has just been "bells and whistles", which nevertheless draws attention. I designed / fabricated a light bar for under the rear. The white LEDS are flood light, while the "yellow" are programmable flashers. Using a secondary battery in the bed...so as not to trip the infamous " Intelligent Battery Sensor" and give the dealer an excuse not to cover a flaw under warranty. The one addition I would have opted for would have been a "Hemi" style hood...SRT, Hellcat...because the hoods on other models of the RAM remind me of something an engineer with a love of Transformer movies bolted on...with no real function. BTW there are now some aftermarket hoods with scoops. ( Be aware...tempted by the Mopar RAM AIR addition? As always FCA put in a CYA clause in the instructions and it's really not that effective anyways.)
What underseat storage box did you purchase? I’m having a hard time finding one for a quad cab.

hunter1234

Reaction score
Bought 11 Tradesman in January for the business (finally in the dealer getting equipped with toppers, light bars, LED light flashers back and front and signage) and bought 10 last year added a few options to the tradesman like the trailer package and a better radio though not the big screens. Was buying Big Horns in the previous years due to locking tailgates and rear cameras and a few other things the package provided but the vital stuff is now included in the Tradesman. I have the Hemi in all the work trucks and they are all 4x4 crew cabs with 6'4" beds. They are used on construction sites, on paved roads and some off road and they will haul a lot of equipment plus tow work boats and ATVs. I do love the RAMs and have had no major breakdowns in the 10 years that I have been buying them for the company (6-10 a year) or the 16 years I have been buying dodges and ram for my personal use. - though my 2016 Eco diesel has had an issue with the crankshaft sensor wheel which has caused it to be towed, otherwise no issue with the engine though others have had issues. Moving on to a 2020 Eco diesel that is suppose to be here in a few weeks. The tradesman are nice, can do the work and have a great price to value. For commuting as mush as I do - I do like my Laramie's, I guess I am a creature of comfort now which also translates to moving away from manuals in my youth to automatics now. The Tradesman is a great all around truck and a good value, definitely a truck for the workforce and you can not go wrong with it.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I leased a 4th Gen Brilliant Black Tradesman Express and loved it, if it had limited slip and 3.92's I would have bought it. Tradesman's are upwards of 20k cheaper than a fully trimmed model all while being faster, getting better fuel mileage, and higher payload rating

RAM5

Reaction score
Good looking TRADESMAN!! I like it!
I’m old school too and in believe in the pic of your truck storage box under the rear seat there is a old school type timing light? If so, I have one that’s about 35 yrs old and still doing what it was designed for and I have found many and I mean many ignition misfires with over the 30+ yrs I’ve been building engines and working on my stuff.

I love your Plymouth! what Transmission manual/auto and those 440s are a Beast!

thanks for sharing

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
Good looking TRADESMAN!! I like it!
I’m old school too and in believe in the pic of your truck storage box under the rear seat there is a old school type timing light? If so, I have one that’s about 35 yrs old and still doing what it was designed for and I have found many and I mean many ignition misfires with over the 30+ yrs I’ve been building engines and working on my stuff.

I love your Plymouth! what Transmission manual/auto and those 440s are a Beast!

thanks for sharing
Hi, Yes that's a Craftsman timing light that I've had for years...and is frequently borrowed ! The 65, from what I can tell, was originally a big block , std...still has clutch pedal under dash...but what combo I have no idea. The trans, now, is 727 with a stage 2 shift kit, still with a forward pattern, along with an LPW + 2 qt cast pan with a temp gauge. I like gauges that actually tell you what's going on. The 440 is a '70 casting, forged crank, mopar 484 cam, 906 heads...that I thought of refreshing...but...with the virus thing going around, it's been in storage. The rear is s 8 3/4 with the bigger 489 carrier. Also has a full 3" exhaust with electric cutouts. Regardless of how many new Challengers , Mustangs and Camaros are at a cruise, it never fails to draw attention. Stay healthy and safe.

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
What underseat storage box did you purchase? I’m having a hard time finding one for a quad cab.
Hi. I purchased the storage box on ebay.
DU-HA 30104 Black Underseat Storage Case for 2019 Ram 1500 QUAD CAB (new style). Perfect fit. It's a very common brand. Cost was $177 at the time. Likely cheaper now. Hardest part was getting out the two(2) bolts under the seat. Had some type of thread-lock from the factory...but certainly not impossible. Worst case - 30 mins. Be safe, stay healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread