5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whistle Noise top left corner

shaggie

Reaction score
Pickup my Ram Rebel 2020 last week with less than 50kms on it.
On my way home noticed a whistle Noise from front top left corner. Not sure what's causing it.

Any of you guys have experienced this issue? What was the potential fix.i am hoping that they don't need to replace the windshield.

jasonclarkusaf

Reaction score
Pickup my Ram Rebel 2020 last week with less than 50kms on it.
On my way home noticed a whistle Noise from front top left corner. Not sure what's causing it.

Any of you guys have experienced this issue? What was the potential fix.i am hoping that they don't need to replace the windshield.
Sorry I can't be of much help but I have the exact same issue. I put a piece of tape over the black trim piece between the door and the roof line but it had no impact. I thought perhaps that since it was a little loose it was causing the whistle but the tape didn't make a difference. There doesn't appear to be any leaks and the windshield sits flush (or normal). I'm standing by hoping someone comes along with an answer as well!

Last edited:

shaggie

Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of much help but I have the exact same issue. I put a piece of tape over the black trim piece between the door and the roof line but it had no impact. I though perhaps the since it was a little loose that was causing the whistle but the tape didn't make a difference. There doesn't appear to be any leaks and the windshield sits flush (or normal). I'm standing by hoping someone comes along with an answer as well!

Thanks, I had a tape on roof ditch molding but that didn't help. I am taking it in for repair tomorrow.

What I have heard is if the urethane bead on the glass is not proper sealed that could cause the issue even of the glass is flush. Not sure what else could be causing it.

I'll update the post based on what feedback I get from dealership.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of much help but I have the exact same issue. I put a piece of tape over the black trim piece between the door and the roof line but it had no impact. I though perhaps the since it was a little loose that was causing the whistle but the tape didn't make a difference. There doesn't appear to be any leaks and the windshield sits flush (or normal). I'm standing by hoping someone comes along with an answer as well!
Hi @jasonclarkusaf - If at any point you decide to address this with your dealer, we are more than happy to get you set up with an additional layer of support for that process. Our team is always just a private message away.
Thanks, I had a tape on roof ditch molding but that didn't help. I am taking it in for repair tomorrow.

What I have heard is if the urethane bead on the glass is not proper sealed that could cause the issue even of the glass is flush. Not sure what else could be causing it.

I'll update the post based on what feedback I get from dealership.
Please be sure to keep us posted on your dealer's findings, @shaggie! If you are in need of any additional support while working with them, please do not hesitate to follow up with our Canadian Customer Care team for further support. You may either call 1-800-361-3700 or submit your info at https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge to receive an email follow up.

Mark
RamCares

shaggie

Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of much help but I have the exact same issue. I put a piece of tape over the black trim piece between the door and the roof line but it had no impact. I thought perhaps that since it was a little loose it was causing the whistle but the tape didn't make a difference. There doesn't appear to be any leaks and the windshield sits flush (or normal). I'm standing by hoping someone comes along with an answer as well!

I did some more digging into this and talked to service rep today, most vehicles need an extra layer of urethane added to the lower part of the glass.or a new glass to have a sealed urethane to stop this noise.
Seems like the noise is originating from bottom of the glass.
I am going to take my truck in for repairs at a later date since they are waiting on replacement grill cover for winter driving. Mine had all the stitching worn out.
Let me know if you get a chance to get it fixed by dealershipand get this fixed.

rlc2020

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing from the front passengers side. It only makes the sound when I'm doing about 80mph and the cross wind is just right. Not enough for me to even try to get the dealership to recognize it. Let me know if you do get it figured out

shaggie

Reaction score
Mine had the issue on driver side. They had to take out the driver side A pillar cover and speaker cover and patch the area.
Not sure what the correct term is but the foam used for NVH within BIW didn't set well and had leaks causing this issue.

Your truck might have a different root cause but that's what end up being mine.
They used CFM and smoke machine to find out where the actual issue was

Perceivence

Reaction score
Mine had the issue on driver side. They had to take out the driver side A pillar cover and speaker cover and patch the area.
Not sure what the correct term is but the foam used for NVH within BIW didn't set well and had leaks causing this issue.

Your truck might have a different root cause but that's what end up being mine.
They used CFM and smoke machine to find out where the actual issue was
Any chance you can use the full names instead of abbreviations for NVH, BIW, and CFM. I have a similar issue with the whistle in the top left driver side. My windshield was recently replaced due to a crack but this noise was happening WAY be fore that replacement.

Woodyc29

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue top drivers side. Dealer replaced my windshield and now I have air rushing in randomly on the passenger side(of course dealer can’t replicate that noise) on top of whistle. Dealer has had it for 5 days and contacted Star service. Anyone have any luck fixing theirs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/