5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which warranty Is the best bet

westcoast

Reaction score
Added care plus seems like it would cover enough but Maximum care says “any mechanical repair,it’s covered”

8 year/75,000 added care with $100 deductible is $1200(down from $1700)

8 year/75,000 max care with $100 deductible is $1555 (down from 2,410)

I thought I saw some code for extended warranty on this site but can’t find it. Wondering if the code will take any money off because these prices seem very fair already

Thoughts on which I should buy?

I have a big horn with heated seats and steering wheel so mostly want to cover those, power window motors

Last edited:

Sparking1

Reaction score
I go with the MaxCare due to the extensive electronic components in today's vehicle, like you pointed out "any mechanical repair, it’s covered". Always get great price and service from Rodney or Diane at:
Chrysler Warranty Direct
1-888-352-6103
Chryslerwarrantydirect.com

U

User_3336

Check out Zeigler. They typically have the best price.

There is a promo code - - "PAYINFULL" which will give you $365 off the posted online prices. (call it a forum discount).

Make sure you chose the $100 deductible option for fair comparison..

MAX Care is what I purchased because It covers so man additional things (such as electronics, etc).

Bob Cline is the contact over at Zeigler.

Zeigler Chrysler Ford
1186 E M-89
Plainwell MI 49080
866.943.7778 toll free direct
800.327.5880 toll free operator
269.685.5800 x 1208
269.585.6004 fax
269.685.3557 direct

westcoast

Reaction score
Check out Zeigler. They typically have the best price.

There is a promo code - - "PAYINFULL" which will give you $365 off the posted online prices. (call it a forum discount).

Make sure you chose the $100 deductible option for fair comparison..

MAX Care is what I purchased because It covers so man additional things (such as electronics, etc).

Bob Cline is the contact over at Zeigler.

Zeigler Chrysler Ford
1186 E M-89
Plainwell MI 49080
866.943.7778 toll free direct
800.327.5880 toll free operator
269.685.5800 x 1208
269.585.6004 fax
269.685.3557 direct

Wow. $1,310 for an 8 year max care 75,000 warranty. Cheaper then Mopar at $1555. How do they swing that. And confirming I can go to my local dealer in IL and it’s a factory Mopar warranty

westcoast

Reaction score
Called up Ziegler and pulled the trigger for $1,310.

What a great deal for peace of mind

Gsmith223

Reaction score
This just seems like a waste of money, do they extend the factory warranty by the full 5-8 years or is it in addition too?

westcoast

Reaction score
This just seems like a waste of money, do they extend the factory warranty by the full 5-8 years or is it in addition too?

For me it’s worth the piece of mind. Standard powertrain is only 5 yr/60k and BTB is 3 yr/36k. I only drive about 8,000 miles per year so I won’t reach the 75k by the time the 8 years is up. Just think if at 3 and a half years or 4 years a window stops working or the heated seats or the air conditioning.... these all can be $400 to $600 fixed with labor.

U

User_3336

Mopar warranties start at your "inservice" date, so there is overlap, but the ESP provides some benefts from day one as well.

Any ESP is overlap, just not car extended warranties.

timtlu

Reaction score
For me it’s worth the piece of mind. Standard powertrain is only 5 yr/60k and BTB is 3 yr/36k. I only drive about 8,000 miles per year so I won’t reach the 75k by the time the 8 years is up. Just think if at 3 and a half years or 4 years a window stops working or the heated seats or the air conditioning.... these all can be $400 to $600 fixed with labor.

Minus your $100 deductible, per occurance, you benefit $300 to $500. You'd need 3 to 5 of these claims just to break even. No shade thrown towards those buying extended warranties, but in most cases they aren't needed, and are a money sink.

I'd rather put the $1600 - $1800 in an interest rewarding account, let it grow a few hundred dollars over 8 years and pull out the $400 to $600 I need to fix something should it go wrong. Then I can use my leftover money at the end for mods on my new 2027 electric Ram.

Tundralag

Reaction score
Or just get geico mbi 36.00 every 6 months 250 deductible per claim 7 year 100k warranty runs concurrently with ram 3/36

Pretty cheap piece of mind

U

User_3336

Different folks have different logic when it comes to ESP's.

Unfortunately, you can't predict future repair frequency, and repairs can be in the THOUSANDS depending on what needs repairing, so I am not sure how you are estimating just $400-600 on a repair.....

Minus your $100 deductible, per occurance, you benefit $300 to $500. You'd need 3 to 5 of these claims just to break even. No shade thrown towards those buying extended warranties, but in most cases they aren't needed, and are a money sink.

I'd rather put the $1600 - $1800 in an interest rewarding account, let it grow a few hundred dollars over 8 years and pull out the $400 to $600 I need to fix something should it go wrong. Then I can use my leftover money at the end for mods on my new 2027 electric Ram.

westcoast

Reaction score

And what if for some reason I need a new transmission in 7 years at 70,000 miles. It’s $100 instead of $2,500. I see your point but for me it’s insurance and peace of mind for the next eight years

$1300 doesn’t affect my bottom line but having to shell out thousands a few times will tick me off

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I bought the 100k 6 year warranty.

Of every car I’ve ever owned only once did the warranty not pay for itself

If you ....
Don’t use the warranty you’ll be happy that your truck has been a good buy and you never had to worry about it despite everything you read on this forum -

If you don’t buy the warranty and you need it you’ll wish you had it

timtlu

Reaction score
Different folks have different logic when it comes to ESP's.

Unfortunately, you can't predict future repair frequency, and repairs can be in the THOUSANDS depending on what needs repairing, so I am not sure how you are estimating just $400-600 on a repair.....

I was using the pricing example from the included quotation on common bumper to bumper repairs the original poster brought up, rationalizing the cost of an extended warranty.

Yes, repairs can be mode costly. However, those types of costs are typically associated with engine and powertrain components, not bumper to bumper claims. You already have a 5 year/60k mile warranty to account for those.

Again, to each his/her own. I'm just presenting a critical analysis that many overlook.

timtlu

Reaction score
And what if for some reason I need a new transmission in 7 years at 70,000 miles. It’s $100 instead of $2,500. I see your point but for me it’s insurance and peace of mind for the next eight years

$1300 doesn’t affect my bottom line but having to shell out thousands a few times will tick me off

In that example the warranty would pay for itself.

However, the reality is the odds of that happening are few and far between. For an expensive cost like that (typically powertrain), you are paying for a really small 2 to 3 year coverage window, since it is already covered up to 5 years.

Again, the odds are overwhelming that you will never incur the expenses of the policy in repairs. That's the basic tenet of how insurance works. The insurer spreads the cost of all of the insured. On a policy here and there, they may pay out (what you claim) more than they bring in (what you pay), but on the majority of contracts the opposite holds true, allowing them to profit overall.

If I were unlucky enough to find myself in an position of needing an extremely expensive repair, I'd rather roll the cost of the truck into a new vehicle via trade in than spend the money to fix it. It's almost guaranteed this would occur after the vehicle is paid off (likely a powertrain problem which is covered through 5 years already). The cost of the repair wouldn't affect trade in to the extent that it would cost to fix it because the dealer would be making the money it cost them to fix it in the markup charged to the next buyer, instead of me paying the overhead on repairs. Plus I've got the $2,000 in warranty cost and interest that I never paid in the first place to stack on top of it.

Just a different viewpoint. Again, no shade towards anyone buying extended warranties. The statistics are definitely stacked in favor of the warranty provider to come out ahead though.

timtlu

Reaction score
I bought the 100k 6 year warranty.

Of every car I’ve ever owned only once did the warranty not pay for itself

If you ....
Don’t use the warranty you’ll be happy that your truck has been a good buy and you never had to worry about it despite everything you read on this forum -

If you don’t buy the warranty and you need it you’ll wish you had it

I've owned 7 vehicles ('88 Mercury Topaz, '98 Ford F150, '01 Ford F150, '01 GMC Sierra, '05 Pontiac G6, '13 Dodge Durango, and new '19 Ram 1500). Ran the Topaz into the ground, totaled the '98, gifted the '01 F150 to my mom who uses it as a daily driver to this day, and still own the other 4. I haven't purchased an extended warranty on a single one, and would have lost money on every one, had I done so. Biggest repairs I can think of are replacing fuel pump and filter on the GMC, ABS sensor on the F150, and damn vibrating windshield cowl on the Durango. All said and done probably about $8 - $10k (inflation adjusted) on saved extended warranty costs. The odds are most people find themself in my position rather than yours.

Again, just a view many don't consider.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've owned 7 vehicles ('88 Mercury Topaz, '98 Ford F150, '01 Ford F150, '01 GMC Sierra, '05 Pontiac G6, '13 Dodge Durango, and new '19 Ram 1500). Ran the Topaz into the ground, totaled the '98, gifted the '01 F150 to my mom who uses it as a daily driver to this day, and still own the other 4. I haven't purchased an extended warranty on a single one, and would have lost money on every one, had I done so. Biggest repairs I can think of are replacing fuel pump and filter on the GMC, ABS sensor on the F150, and damn vibrating windshield cowl on the Durango. All said and done probably about $8 - $10k (inflation adjusted) on saved extended warranty costs. The odds are most people find themself in my position rather than yours.

Please read my previous posts about the benefits of purchasing an extended warranty with the new model Ram. If you plan on keeping your new Ram a short time, an extended warranty may not make any sense. Just looking at your previous vehicles and how long you keep them it may be worth a thought. Some outfits offer 0% financing on OEM/Mopar warranties over a couple years. Cheers!

U

User_3336

Again different perspective......I had no problems spending $1000 on an extended warranty that will cover my truck for 7 years 75,000 miles.... Its simply peace of mind for me. I'd rather spend that $1,000 NOW, than having to spend $2000 on some repair after my manufacturer's warranty is up.(and perhaps MORE repairs later on)

To each his own on this topic. I knew this thread would become a debate.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score

That’s damn good luck man.

Not sure most people have your experience and good fortune

All cars except 3 below were bought new

I’ve owned - 1976 BMW 320i custom turbo, 1988 SPG Saab 900 turbo, 1998 Volvo C70 HP turbo, 1996 Discovery, 2x 2004 Discovery’s, 2013 Juke, 2008 Highlander, 2000 Volvo V70R, 2008 Sienna (real low point), a 4Runner, a late model RAV4, and some others I can’t summon at the moment - I’m 43

I don’t drive like a ******* but more conservatively as all the places I’ve lived in the country had a high presence of police which I had no interest in drawing attention from

Dealer does all routine maintenance - only car I used 87octane on was the Toyotas

Only the C70 wasn’t a total POS although the 2 2004 Discos were good but always made me nervous due to the design flaws of the Buick engine and I sold them off eBay with about 60k on them

The worst offenders were the Toyota’s and the Saab - when the Highlander hit 85k I bought a 40k mile extended warranty for $3500!!! that was offered to me by the dealer I bought it from during an oil change (nothing was wrong) - it paid for itself at 90k miles and again later

It’s a roll of the dice - I’ll sleep tight knowing I’m covered should the sh1t hit the fan

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow. $1,310 for an 8 year max care 75,000 warranty. Cheaper then Mopar at $1555. How do they swing that. And confirming I can go to my local dealer in IL and it’s a factory Mopar warranty
Is the 75,000 from the date the vehicle was put into service, if so that means you’re only getting 39,000 additional miles and the eight years probably takes affect him original date of his in-service which means you’re only getting five years and less than 40,000 miles additional for the factory warranty. Depending on how many miles you drive and you could exhaust that in three years so the five years would be worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread