5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Grille is this

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

I believe that is non-Longhorn/Limited grill, and I believe the non-chrome version is painted to match the truck (or whatever color you want). Unless, of course, you find someone selling a used grille that is already painted.

Part # I have found: 6000185AF

Do not buy a grille off a Longhorn or a Limited, as that grille will be different. The Longhorns and Limiteds have different headlight housings than the other trims, and the grilles are slightly different.

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
It is laramie trim grill. Blacked out/night edition.
Laramie is best looking grill and head light of all trims.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It looks like Built To Serve, but I think those are satin/flat black

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

I believe that is non-Longhorn/Limited grill, and I believe the non-chrome version is painted to match the truck (or whatever color you want). Unless, of course, you find someone selling a used grille that is already painted.

Part # I have found: 6000185AF

Do not buy a grille off a Longhorn or a Limited, as that grille will be different. The Longhorns and Limiteds have different headlight housings than the other trims, and the grilles are slightly different.
Thanks for the welcome. I have been lurking for a while and about to put an order in for a 2021 Laramie Night Edition, to replace my 17 Rebel, but saw this grille on a Bighorn. It was a one off as all the other Bighorns did not have that look. I would like to replace the Laramie grille with this one.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, in theory it should fit, as long as they didn't change something "behind the scenes". Wouldn't really make sense if they did, but wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Here are some pictures of the built-to-serve grille. The others are correct, that is what it is.
BTS-Ceramic-Gray-Desktop.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Ram is really good tweaking little color combo and giving whole new name. I like build to serve color combo. Here is my truck and it is Laramie trim. Second picture is next to my friend's Laramie sport same grill different color combinations. I believe you have Larimie night and one OP is questioning is Laramie build to serve edition. IMG_20200110_094738.jpg IMG_20190917_083834~2.jpg

Last edited:

puba08

Reaction score
Definitely the BTS grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Ram is really good tweaking little color combo and giving whole new name. I like build to serve color combo. Here is my truck and it is Laramie trim. Second picture is next to my friend's Laramie sport same grill different color combinations. I believe you have Larimie night and one OP is questioning is Laramie build to serve edition. View attachment 67179 View attachment 67180
Correct that it is BTS grille (as already identified). It is not a "Laramie BTS" though. All BTS trucks are built on a Big Horn.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

du4life25

Reaction score
Is it possible to get that black grille w/ the black "RAM" on a North Edition instead of having the chrome "RAM"?

Wsmith

Reaction score
Looks exactly like my bighorn night edition. I think any black grill would fit on a tradesman up to the longhorn, starting with the longhorn the projector housings are smaller.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks exactly like my bighorn night edition. I think any black grill would fit on a tradesman up to the longhorn, starting with the longhorn the projector housings are smaller.

The Big Horn night edition grille is different. First picture below is a Big Horn night edition, second is the Built to Serve, just like the picture the OP offered.
bighorn_night.jpg BTS.jpg

Grilles on the Tradesman to the Laramie are interchangeable to my understanding. Longhorns and Limiteds, as you stated, along with the new TRX, use the smaller/skinnier projector LED housings (rather than Halogen or reflector LED), and therefore have different grilles.

Styling wise, the Limited's black appearance package sorta combines the two grilles. It has some of the horizontal slats (or whatever you want to call them) of the night editions in lower trims, with the "filler" panels from the BTS.
limited_black_grille.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread