5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the factory brake controller port FUSE?

colo-pr

Reaction score
Hi guys, after 3 hours troubleshooting I need to ask because I'm about to give up.

In resume: Where is the factory brake controller port FUSE for the 2019 1500?

Here is what happened, last year I installed the Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller using their harness and it was working perfectly fine but this past weekend coming back from camping I noticed the brake controller was not powering on and of course no brakes on the trailer.

Today, Iv'e been checking all kind of fuses first, including every single one the owners manual refers as "towing" and no luck. I tested the brake controller directly to power and powers on normally, so is not the break controller. I went under the dash where the factory brake controller port is located and everything looks normal. I have tested and I get 12v from the red cable when I press the brake pedal (good) and i checked ground continuity from the harness to the chassis and ground is fine, the only that is NOT showing power is the positive cable (thick white with a red trip) that comes from the factory controller port to the Prodigy harness, so, it got to be a FUSE because i really doubt a positive cable just got unplugged from wherever is coming (I cant reach farther in the dash)
Unfortunately an extensive internet search is not giving me any "Brake Controller Port FUSE" and the only I found was a comment from etrailer.com technician saying that they dont know and I will have to take it to the dealer so they tell me where is the friking FUSE. I hate so much go to the dealer that I even prefer to run a positive cable from the battery if I cant get this sorted out.

Please, any idea? I will like to keep the truck clean using the harness and the way it was, going camping next week and dont have a break controller makes a huuuuuuge difference in my truck, I can even smell the burning brakes after awhile.

Thanks in advance.

Swag1981

Reaction score
Looking in the manual, on page 325, it has F25 listed as Mod Integrated Trailer Brake

IMG_2119.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colo-pr

Reaction score
Thank you so much Swag1981 you got it! I guess I was having an issue with the proper name. Ahhhh. interesting, my manual only have 117 pages including the index, but in the fuse section I looked at the F25 and voala, is the same thing!

Now, my issue is ALMOST solved. Good thing the engine fuse box had that 20 amps spare and I install it, but then as soon as I plugged the brake controller "prap" it blowed again, so, definitely the brake controller is bad no matter it powers on when I apply 12v and a ground, weird. So, a new brake controller and find how the heck those fuses are called and get some.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you so much Swag1981 you got it! I guess I was having an issue with the proper name. Ahhhh. interesting, my manual only have 117 pages including the index, but in the fuse section I looked at the F25 and voala, is the same thing!

Now, my issue is ALMOST solved. Good thing the engine fuse box had that 20 amps spare and I install it, but then as soon as I plugged the brake controller "prap" it blowed again, so, definitely the brake controller is bad no matter it powers on when I apply 12v and a ground, weird. So, a new brake controller and find how the heck those fuses are called and get some.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.
Hey, I have a like-new Curt Spectrum brake controller ive used twice b4 getting my 1500 w/controller. Honestly, it works better than factory, but not going to mess with the dash. If you’re interested, I was planning on eBaying it, it would rather avoid that hassle. Can send pics if interested...thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/