5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When moving slow

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like their truck can’t find the right gear when coming or going from a stop? Or even moving super slow. Is it just me or is that completely normal with these 5.3L eTorque engines? I’m trying to see if this is something that needs to be looked at or not.
I currently have a loaner while they do paint touch ups and this vehicle feels just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like their truck can’t find the right gear when coming or going from a stop? Or even moving super slow. Is it just me or is that completely normal with these 5.3L eTorque engines? I’m trying to see if this is something that needs to be looked at or not.
I currently have a loaner while they do paint touch ups and this vehicle feels just fine.
I didn't know GM made an eTorque-equipped 5.3L engine ;)

In all seriousness, I believe some other members have talked about a TSB or software update for the transmission. Mine seems to do fine, but I know it's had a number of updates over the past 13-14 months of ownership.

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
I didn't know GM made an eTorque-equipped 5.3L engine ;)

In all seriousness, I believe some other members have talked about a TSB or software update for the transmission. Mine seems to do fine, but I know it's had a number of updates over the past 13-14 months of ownership.

I was thinking 5.7 while looking at an old Tahoe driving by lol

Is this something you have to mention when you go into service to check for updates or do they do it automatically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking 5.7 while looking at an old Tahoe driving by lol

Is this something you have to mention when you go into service to check for updates or do they do it automatically?
They’ve done updates on service visits without me asking, but it wouldn’t hurt for you to describe your symptoms. They may have prior experience with similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread