5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel/tire question

JBeckman

Reaction score
I just found a set of 325/60/18 wheel and tire package local to me. For a decent price.
Here is my question.

My truck now has a 2" level on it. The wheels in question are 18x9 -44 offset. Would the rim/tire package be worth it on a leveled truck? Screenshot_20181011-174606_Facebook.jpg

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They will fit since the truck is leveled but that offset is really aggressive. Do you like a wheel to stick past the fender? Quick math tells me they will hang out about 1 3/4”.

JBeckman

Reaction score
They will fit since the truck is leveled but that offset is really aggressive. Do you like a wheel to stick past the fender? Quick math tells me they will hang out about 1 3/4”.

I dont mind it. On my 14 bighorn I had to put flairs on it to match the wheel/tire combo.

When you say 1.75" past the fender, that wouldn't include the factory flairs. Correct? If I was to measure from the rotor face, how far out would it be? Sry the whole offset thing kinda confuses me.

Honestly for the price, it's not bad.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I sent the guys message. Fore some reason they dont seem to be that much negative offset to me. From what I'm reading, the hub of the wheel should be to the rear on drastic negative offset. Here is a better pic. Screenshot_20181011-181452_Facebook.jpg

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont mind it. On my 14 bighorn I had to put flairs on it to match the wheel/tire combo.

When you say 1.75" past the fender, that wouldn't include the factory flairs. Correct? If I was to measure from the rotor face, how far out would it be? Sry the whole offset thing kinda confuses me.

Honestly for the price, it's not bad.

I’m not sure how thick the flair is on the Laramie past the stock fender but my reference would be stock, non-flair fender. Your current rim is 8” with a +19.05 offset. Add -44 to get to -63 which is around 2.5”. Also add 1/2” because your are going from a 8” to 9” rim, a half of the 1” difference in size from original. So you would be roughly 3” further out than your current rims. So my original quick math was really off.

This is of course if my math is correct. ;). There are a lot of good videos on YouTube and websites that can explain offset. I recommend doing a google search to find out more. I also recommend visiting customwheeloffset.com and you can view many trucks with different offsets to get a good feel of what your choice will result in.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I’m not sure how thick the flair is on the Laramie past the stock fender but my reference would be stock, non-flair fender. Your current rim is 8” with a +19.05 offset. Add -44 to get to -63 which is around 2.5”. Also add 1/2” because your are going from a 8” to 9” rim, a half of the 1” difference in size from original. So you would be roughly 3” further out than your current rims. So my original quick math was really off.

This is of course if my math is correct. ;). There are a lot of good videos on YouTube and websites that can explain offset. I recommend doing a google search to find out more. I also recommend visiting customwheeloffset.com and you can view many trucks with different offsets to get a good feel of what your choice will result in.

Ya after chatting with the guy, they are actually +12 offset.
He is local so I am gonna go peek at them tomorrow and test fit 2 front and see.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Oh +12, you’ll love em.

Thanks for your help sir. Hopefully the wheel clears the caliper.
When looking at the spec from RC I can fit a 295 60r20 on the level I have.
The 325 60r18 are slightly lower but 1" overall wider. Hopefully that .5" with the +12 offset doesn't make an issue.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure. I kinda hope they do. Going to test fit them tomorrow. I think the grey will go nicely with my granite truck.
The other thing to check is clearance from the sidewalk to the steering knuckle those tires are 2 inches wider than your 275s so you're looking at the sidewall being about 1.25 inches closer to your spindle

Users who are viewing this thread