5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the 'A' off button for?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's for disabling the auto start/stop on the etorques.

Volvo engineers need to see that (rented a 2016 Xc90 DesignR in England... had to go through three screens every turn of the key to disable it!) Bonus points for Ram designers!

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Volvo engineers need to see that (rented a 2016 Xc90 DesignR in England... had to go through three screens every turn of the key to disable it!) Bonus points for Ram designers!
LOL

Burnzie

Reaction score
What ever you do DON'T push it , it stands for Ambulance. Only push it when you want to be able to blow through RED LIGHT'S, speed excessively.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That’s only if you’re an Avenger

548eaab105b0d74751241fd1014d84e7.jpg

Dusty6191

Reaction score
Why do some have the A and some don’t? Do some not come with the auto start/stop function or do some just not have the ability to turn it off?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Why do some have the A and some don’t? Do some not come with the auto start/stop function or do some just not have the ability to turn it off?
Only engines with eTorque have start/stop.
My truck is start/start (never turns off since I don’t have eTorque) :p

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ones that don't have the button or auto/stop start don't have Etorque. So..
No Etorque or Auto stop/start....no @ button.

Apettit13

Reaction score
Only engines with eTorque have start/stop.
My truck is start/start (never turns off since I don’t have eTorque) :p
This is not correct lol. You can have the engine start/stop feature without having Etorque.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is not correct lol. You can have the engine start/stop feature without having Etorque.
I understood only Rams with eTorque have start stop technology. If you’re referring to other brands having it, Ford and Chevy aren’t brands worth owning a start stop system.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The ones that don't have the button or auto/stop start don't have Etorque. So..
No Etorque or Auto stop/start....no @ button.

He has been a member since 2018, so I think it's not a pic of his truck, but maybe one he saw online and wondered what that button is for. Makes sense he asks since he doesn't actually have it.

Apettit13

Reaction score
I understood only Rams with eTorque have start stop technology. If you’re referring to other brands having it, Ford and Chevy aren’t brands worth owning a start stop system.
I have a 2020 ram 5.7 non etorque that has a start/stop option

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Snap a pic of your engine and please post...I’d be interested to see what you have under the hood that provides the “start” function of your non-eTorque start/stop system.

Must be one hell of a hamster wheel and a buff hamster under there or that’s where you keep the good stuff yer smoking!

Users who are viewing this thread