5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size BFG KO2 can I fit on stock 18in wheel

cdautrey

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 bighorn 4x4 with the sports package. I want to put a 2in rough country leveling kit on it. But I’m tryin to figure out how big of tire I can put under it. I’m going with BFG KO2 tires Some one answered answered and said 33 x 12.5. I have a 18 in wheel i forgot to mention that. Can I fit 34 x 12.5 R18? recommendations? Was also told i could do a 295/60/18

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have not done what you are asking about, but I know the tires will fit the wheels with no problem. If memory serves me correctly the factory 18 inch wheels are 8 inches wide. The 12.50 tires are generally recommended for 8-10 inch wide rims.

There are guys running 35's with a 2 inch level with the correct offset wheel. I think most are running a 0 offset. The factory wheels are a positive offset ( I believe +19) so the rim sets inward versus a negative offset which sets the wheel further toward the outside of the wheel well. I would think if you run into problems it will be the tire rubbing the frame/ inside of the wheel well at full turn. I would think 33's would be fine. 35's would probably rub at full turn. I think some have run a wheel spacer to set the wheel out a little wider which will help.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
im running ko 275 65 20 that's about a 34 on 3inch level and it clears easy height, no idea about width

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online