5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What part is this? Rust/Oxidation normal I assume?

RiskReward

Reaction score
Truck has a little over 2K miles in Texas and saw this part in the engine looking fairly rusted. Assume it’s normal and just because it’s steel but wanted to get everyone’s take and see what it is just out of curiosity.

If it’s not obvious what it is I can take better pictures for a frame of reference.

e300cf4c89a3389d5edbec79f173d2de.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From that pic it looks like part of the block. If you are concerned you can spray it with some Extend. It's chemically bonds with rust to form a black surface that will not rust again.

RiskReward

Reaction score
From that pic it looks like part of the block. If you are concerned you can spray it with some Extend. It's chemically bonds with rust to form a black surface that will not rust again.

Thanks @Edwards - Understand the search button is my friend. Frustrating when I tried and failed, but your reply helped...

Users who are viewing this thread