5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Manuals, etc Come with New Truck

dandick

Reaction score
I know the topic is vague, but I picked up my new 2020 1500 Limited yesterday and was told that new Rams DO NOT come with a printed owners manual!

Well, I found a large zip lock bag in the compartment (photo attached) and there are a couple of plastic parts, license plate screws and the UConnect manual. The bag is way too big for that stuff, and now I’m wondering if other manuals are missing and were misplaced.

So, I’d appreciate it if I could get inputs on what manuals, etc came with your new truck.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• 3849BFB5-DB81-4F39-9164-7794E3C1DA93.jpeg
    3849BFB5-DB81-4F39-9164-7794E3C1DA93.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 36

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
Shoot, I didn't even get that much. Mine came with nothing! I had to get one of the sales guys to get me a basic owners book from a different truck. Kinda crazy because that is the best way to learn the truck.

I did find this website that you can download the full pdf, so that has been helpful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Coog61

Reaction score
Well my 2020 Limited came with all this + the handy bag
47156328c4f9cd88ebf596c3731590b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know the topic is vague, but I picked up my new 2020 1500 Limited yesterday and was told that new Rams DO NOT come with a printed owners manual!

Well, I found a large zip lock bag in the compartment (photo attached) and there are a couple of plastic parts, license plate screws and the UConnect manual. The bag is way too big for that stuff, and now I’m wondering if other manuals are missing and were misplaced.

So, I’d appreciate it if I could get inputs on what manuals, etc came with your new truck.

My 2020 Limited was the same as @Coog61's. Looks like the dealer or one of the test drivers before you took the manual out.

I'd go through other 2020s on their lot (doesn't matter what trim) and see if they have the manuals. If they do, talk to your salesman and politely call them out on the others having manuals but not yours. Very possible it was stolen by a test driver or taken by another salesman.

If none of them have manuals, then most likely the dealer has been removing them for resale or some other $$$ reason.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or you can contact FCA customer service and request full size owner manuals, they will happy to send it to you for free of charge.

borden72

Reaction score
I have a 2019 and it came with quick reference guides. Call Ram and they will send the full size owner manuals.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
47156328c4f9cd88ebf596c3731590b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except for the 12-inch Display & NAV manual (and the "bag" you guys are talking about), that's what I got.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 043480 miles.

dandick

Reaction score
Well, I probably should have looked at other trucks yesterday when I picked it up. The problem I have now is the dealership where I bought it is almost 300 miles away, so it not worth the drive. I did call FCA customer service and they were very polite, but “the computer won’t let them“ send me the printed owners manual because when they type in the VIN it indicates I am not the owner. Obviously, the electrons aren‘t as fast as we’re told and the system hasn’t updated. She told me to check back in a few days once the system updates and they will take my information and send it to me.

I know I can download the PDF, but I’m old school and like to flip pages.

Dan

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I probably should have looked at other trucks yesterday when I picked it up. The problem I have now is the dealership where I bought it is almost 300 miles away, so it not worth the drive. I did call FCA customer service and they were very polite, but “the computer won’t let them“ send me the printed owners manual because when they type in the VIN it indicates I am not the owner. Obviously, the electrons aren‘t as fast as we’re told and the system hasn’t updated. She told me to check back in a few days once the system updates and they will take my information and send it to me.

Yeah. If the dealership follows the proper steps, it should happen eventually. I've seen it happen in a matter of days, and I've seen it happen in a matter of weeks. Give it time, sorry to hear that the dealer shorted you.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got similar quick reference stuff in a camo style RAM bag in the lower glove compartment. I contacted FCA and requested a full manual, which arrived in a week or so. Though I rarely use it, I prefer to use the PDF manual for fast searching.

Jakley

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the parts bag with the connectors and cover plate is for?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the parts bag with the connectors and cover plate is for?

They are dummy plugs, if you remove the tailgate. Besides keeping dirt and water out of the connector, when the tailgate is removed it makes the computer believe the tailgate is still connected so you don't get a message in your dash.

Jakley

Reaction score
They are dummy plugs, if you remove the tailgate. Besides keeping dirt and water out of the connector, when the tailgate is removed it makes the computer believe the tailgate is still connected so you don't get a message in your dash.
Oh perfect thanks!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Download the My Ram app (also known as the Ram Toolbox app) to your phone and you will always have the full 600+ page owners manual with you. Plus there are maintenance records for your vehicle on there, coupons for dealership goods/services, and a wealth of other information.

coolidge

Reaction score
Purchased a 2021 Rebel Friday, printed materials included...

- 492 page printed 2021 owners manual
- Uconnect radio instruction manual
- Ram 1500 quick start guide (excellent)
- SiriusXM guide
- FCA roadside assistance card with phone numbers
- California emission warranty
- Customer care arbitration and lemon law rights booklet (56 pages)

Plus they said the owners manual is also available in the truck electronically via the 12" center screen.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Purchased a 2021 Rebel Friday, printed materials included...

- 492 page printed 2021 owners manual
- Uconnect radio instruction manual
- Ram 1500 quick start guide (excellent)
- SiriusXM guide
- FCA roadside assistance card with phone numbers
- California emission warranty
- Customer care arbitration and lemon law rights booklet (56 pages)

Plus they said the owners manual is also available in the truck electronically via the 12" center screen.

Congrats!

dandick

Reaction score
I emailed the dealer on Friday and told them that the only manual in the truck was for the UConnect system. I said that “maybe someone removed them for safekeeping and perhaps they could look in another 2020 Ram and see if the manuals were in there”. They emailed back and said they’d take care of it. I thought I’d try the nice approach first.

Thanks to all for the responses.
Dan

dandick

Reaction score
Well I received the missing manuals yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised they sent them. For me, it’s a lot easier flipping through paper than swiping screens.

Dan

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
This reminds me of my experience where the sales girl said "oh yeah, the truck doesn't come with carpet mats." And when I picked up the truck, it had cardboard on the floor.
Ahhhh no. They gave me mats and apologized. It's the dealership. I never went back and do my maintenance/recalls at another dealer, the next city over. It's a PITA and doesn't look good on the brand, TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread