5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this plug behind back seat?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen so many posts about water leaks in the rear and we had a pretty strong storm last night, so I decided to see if I have any leak issues. While feeling around behind the rear panel, I felt a plug that was hanging loose near the center of the truck but on the driver's side. What is this plug for? I have a '21 Rebel with the Rebel 12 package. 20210207_110127.jpg

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably for an option you don't have. HK amp/sub/Etorque battery/etc. I'd bet lots of the optional modules fit behind/under the rear seat area and T off a common main harness.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just saying lots and lots of optional equipment available on these trucks and one of them would plug into that. Which one specifically, IDK.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie has the heated rear seats yet I have that connector hanging there unplugged as well.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so I now know it's not the sub or the heated rear seat option. Hmmm, I wonder what it's for. I know somebody will know and come up with what it is. It would've been cool if it was for the heated rear seats as I don't have that option and it wouldn't take much to connect it up.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have the trailer TPMS option either. That could be an option. Or the trailer steering option?

Boston

Reaction score
Any power to the plug?

Trailer/bed camera

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is related to the etorque system in some way, as my Laramie has the etorque, and I don't see the plug loose back there, whereas my 2020 Bighorn did indeed have it. This is just based on a quick look and feeling around behind the carpeting without actually removing it.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Vented rear seats available on the limited?7

Pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nukegm426

Reaction score
If it’s wired for that part of the etorque I wonder if the larger gauge wires are hiding in there also... would be good for stereo amps if they are.

Th8785

Reaction score
If it’s wired for that part of the etorque I wonder if the larger gauge wires are hiding in there also... would be good for stereo amps if they are.
they wouldnt run battery cable back without a batterry to tie into. Would just be a point for troubles later. also my etorque has some sort of module they run into on the left side of the firewall not sure if the standard motor has that there either

Bcryan

Reaction score
I've seen so many posts about water leaks in the rear and we had a pretty strong storm last night, so I decided to see if I have any leak issues. While feeling around behind the rear panel, I felt a plug that was hanging loose near the center of the truck but on the driver's side. What is this plug for? I have a '21 Rebel with the Rebel 12 package. View attachment 82007
Taser attachment for annoying passengers

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online