5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the process to order a truck?

PedalMonk

Reaction score
Do I just call up my local dealer? Also, can you add extra things that aren't on the "build and price" page on ramtrucks.com? For isntance, I want the advanaced safety group and ventilated seats for a rebel, but it's currently not an option. thanks!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do I just call up my local dealer? Also, can you add extra things that aren't on the "build and price" page on ramtrucks.com? For isntance, I want the advanaced safety group and ventilated seats for a rebel, but it's currently not an option. thanks!

Yes, go visit your local dealer. Now you could find different situations. Most will try to sell you what's on the lot (they're usually incented to do that.) Some may require a deposit, especially if you are ordering what they feel is a low volume configurations, i.e. hard to sell if you back out.

You can work up the config with them but only as far as what Ram allows to be ordered. In the past Ram has blocked orders of options that were constrained, for example.

Make sure you double check the build sheet before they place the order! I ordered May '18 and it took three tries before they had the options I wanted on the pre-order print out. Usually human error but some here have had orders placed with incorrect options that were not caught until after the order was accepted. Just do your due diligence and it makes for an easier experience.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Steps, in order:

1. Use the internet to figure out what kind of configuration you want.
2. Find the dealer you want to use, hopefully local.
3. Gather up appropriate items at home before leaving:
  • Checkbook
  • Pen
  • Loose fitting pants
  • Vaseline
4. Proceed to dealer :p

Rick J

Reaction score
My suggestion:
Build the truck you want on RAM.com
Save the configuration as a PDF
If you are a Costco member, go through the Costco buying program.
Their partner dealer will contact you by email (if you specify email contact only)
Send them your build PDF
They will give you a price
It will be a decent price but won't be the best price you can get.
It will give you a starting point to negotiate from with other dealers

I had to order mine and still got a significant discount off MSRP ($67.5 MSRP, paid $56, $58 minus $2K rebates.
There were better deals to be had off the lot but they couldn't find what I wanted. Took 6 weeks from order to delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread