5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the biggest Nitto Ridge Grappler that can fit on stock 18s with stock suspension?

Reaper

Reaction score
Hello!

Has anybody tried this? Any input would be very helpful. I've done a search but came up empty for the stock 18's on a non air suspension.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there something unique about this tire compared to others size wise? Otherwise you should be good with what others have posted they have on stock rims. Not sure if I'm missing something.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Is there something unique about this tire compared to others size wise? Otherwise you should be good with what others have posted they have on stock rims. Not sure if I'm missing something.
Not only do actual sizes very slightly, squareness of sidewall and aggressive sidelugs can cause rubbing differences.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Installed Nitto Terra Grapplers on a 295/70-18 on my Rebel. No rubbing.

Reaper

Reaction score

I already like how the stock tires look, so I’m just trying to see what the largest size tire I can get without any other mods.

I haven’t seen any stock 18’s on this website that were being upgraded with larger tires. Everyone seems to have the stock 20’s that were upgraded with tires.

I prefer the hybrid Nitto Ridge Tires Ofer others. Hope that answers your question.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll see 35s on "stock" suspension. But it depends on several variables which sometimes folks don't say that they did some kind of mod or even having The off road package helps. There is a popular YouTube video of 35s on a "stock" Limited. But in the middle of the video the owner briefly mentions that they moved the bumper out 1/2" lol.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
That is great to know! Did you level the front with a kit at all?

I will level the truck, but, I am waiting for Bilstein to come out with adjustable shocks for the '19's instead of doing a spacer lift. Not supposed to be out until after the 1st of the new year.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will level the truck, but, I am waiting for Bilstein to come out with adjustable shocks for the '19's instead of doing a spacer lift. Not supposed to be out until after the 1st of the new year.
wait till then !

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I drove a Rebel at the dealership with these tires in 35's on stock rims but it had a 2" level. Rode nice though for reference.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello!

Has anybody tried this? Any input would be very helpful. I've done a search but came up empty for the stock 18's on a non air suspension.
If you were just a little bit closer I'd sell you my 33x12.50 Ridge Grapplers. They only have about 10k miles on them and I don't plan on running them.

Webbd30

Reaction score
Fresno ca , I was going to head down to Laguna niguel for thanksgiving to see my bro, but my plans changed and now I'm headed north almost to Oregon

Why did you stop running that tire size combo? I live in CA, and planned on running that set up on 20s

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why did you stop running that tire size combo? I live in CA, and planned on running that set up on 20s
They are off of the GMC I traded in on the ram. I dont want to run that heavy of a setup on this truck so they're just sitting there right now

griebs303

Reaction score
I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers (285/70r18) going on Wednesday, I will post some pictures up for you once they are on.

* They will be going on some 18" Procomp Prodigy's, not stock wheels, but you will atleast get an idea as to what that size looks like

Users who are viewing this thread