5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What fell off the bottom of my 2019 (DT) Ram 1500?

tcc5102

Reaction score
After a very cold night I started driving to work and heard a dragging noise under the truck. When I got out this was hanging underneath from one side of the truck, and the other end was dragging. Cut it off to go to work and would like to replace it now, but I have no idea what it is.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210228_072732.jpg
    20210228_072732.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 20210228_072740.jpg
    20210228_072740.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 201

Techna

Reaction score
Looks like a chase cover for wiring or fuel lines... ??

-=FM45=-
FM45 is correct. It’s along the inner facing wall of the driver’s side frame rail.

Edited to add: There may be a chase on the passenger side too? I encountered it while running a cable on the driver‘s side and did not pay attention to the other.

tcc5102

Reaction score
FM45 is correct. It’s along the inner facing wall of the driver’s side frame rail.

Edited to add: There may be a chase on the passenger side too? I encountered it while running a cable on the driver‘s side and did not pay attention to the other.

I'll have to get under it when the weather improves. Haven't seen anything hanging since it fell off, but the chase was there for a reason. If needed hopefully some zip ties can take care of it until I can get/find the part to replace

dannymcd

Reaction score
So that fell off mine as well, I drove my truck thru a part of road that was sunk in from a water main break on the driver side of the road, I think the water came up and ripped it off, I drove to a car wash, went thru the car wash and then got a fill up at the gas station where I noticed it. I had to pull it off since it was still connected to the back half of the same thing. It looks like it covered the brake and fuel lines. It's been cold so I haven't reinstalled it but mine doesn't look like it's broken at all.

Users who are viewing this thread