5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what drop down hitch are you using with your Rebel?

Kooch80

Reaction score
I have a 21' SeaRay and I am wondering what drop down hitch people are using on their trucks. I don't have the ability to go measure.

Kooch80

Reaction score
Dang...no one with a Rebel is using a drop hitch? I know this isn't the towing section but I wanted to know specifically for Rebel's.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am using a 4 inch drop but towing a Seadoo and it sits higher than a normal trailer.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do a 3 1/4" drop for my setup. I was told the industry standard hitch height is 18" (the trailer) There are obviously trailers that don't use that rule of thumb but I found it true for my rig. Measure from the top of your receiver on the truck (top inside the square hole) and measure the bottom of the hitch (where the ball is going in) of what ever it is you want to pull with it level of course. My truck height was 21" the closest I could get was 3 1/4" and it looks and pulls fine.

Ram Rebel.jpg

NORMANDYMIKE

Reaction score
I use a Weigh Safe....I have a pontoon trailer, kayak trailer, sxs trailer ect....I got the 8" drop so I would have greater flexibility up & down. Great but $$$.

TritonHDX

Reaction score
Its probably overkill, but I use a
B&W Tow & Stow 3-Ball Mount - 2" Hitch - 3" Drop
:)

Users who are viewing this thread