5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does this button do?

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just hit 1K miles on my 2019 Bighorn Sport and just happened to notice a button that isn't in the owners manual. Well at least I didn't find any information on it. I was hoping one of you all might be able to elighten me as to what it does. Please see the attached pic. IMG_20180628_064658.jpg

sgk

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have no idea, press it lets find out.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Haha! I did a few times, Seal team 6 did not put me on my face. It just lit the LED on the button from what I could tell. But maybe it didnt do anything because I wasn't in acc. I'll try again

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's definitely a dealer add on, I've seen someone else on another forum post asking the same question about having the same thing in a 4th gen truck.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
That's definitely a dealer add on, I've seen someone else on another forum post asking the same question about having the same thing in a 4th gen truck.
Did they figure it out? My dealer has to be about the worst in answering questions.

Did your dealer add Bluetooth to the truck after the fact?!
I don't think they would . It's equipped with the 8.4 Uconnect w/nav. I've had the last three gen 8.4 Uconnects and Bluetooth was always built in.

You would think the dealer could answer this question but they look more confused than me.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember, it was about a year or a year and a half ago, bit it was the exact same button. Maybe something to do with an aftermarket security system or something.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha! That's the panic button. I assume you don't have it registered or the swat team would have swarmed by now!

anthonysnell

Reaction score
Whoever did it could have done a nicer install. Looks like the unit does not sit flush over the complete panel and wires hanging out.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
...that awkward moment when you seen that brochure in your owners pack but didn't read it. Thanks brother!

Ha! That's the panic button. I assume you don't have it registered or the swat team would have swarmed by now!
I definitely did not register it...that would have been fun

Whoever did it could have done a nicer install. Looks like the unit does not sit flush over the complete panel and wires hanging out.
That's actually what caught my eye. As a previous electronic avionics craftsman for F-15s I know a little something about shoddy jobs...and this takes the cake.

Thanks everyone for making me a little less dumb today!

I can't remember, it was about a year or a year and a half ago, bit it was the exact same button. Maybe something to do with an aftermarket security system or something.
Your accuracy is haunting!

Users who are viewing this thread