5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you use on the plastic and rubber window trim pieces

GMetal

Reaction score
What products are you using? I used to use Mother back to black but that runs if there is a rain.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have faded hard plastics or want to keep/slow them from fading, continuous application of 303 can help. I'm a big fan and use it on lots of stuff - boat vinyl, tires, RV decals.

However, I prefer to treat the ABS plastics and such with a restorative/protection product - Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer. Expensive bugger, but worth it.

Use 303 on the flexible stuff.

Av1

Reaction score
I use Nextzett - Gummi Pflege on all my rubber trim and seals. It's good stuff.

Last edited:

Wikielliot

Reaction score
What products are you using? I used to use Mother back to black but that runs if there is a rain.
I've tried several products through the years and they all end up fading or not protecting as expected or staining even worse. All until I found the DuraCoating line up, that was final solution. From trim to fading pieces, restoring color, tire protection and shine. Best I've ever used so far and also on a quite reasonable price point, give it a try!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Remy

Reaction score
If you have faded hard plastics or want to keep/slow them from fading, continuous application of 303 can help. I'm a big fan and use it on lots of stuff - boat vinyl, tires, RV decals.

However, I prefer to treat the ABS plastics and such with a restorative/protection product - Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer. Expensive bugger, but worth it.

Use 303 on the flexible stuff.
303 is the best I've used. 👌

Remy

Reaction score
I used 303 on all the boats I've detailed. And around the salt water it has to be good stuff.

TxRN

Reaction score
Gtechniq as stated in post #3.... Best option. If you like to reapply over and over again go with all the other options stated.

Users who are viewing this thread