5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What color is your Rebel?

Exterior color?

• Total voters

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the choice of identically optioned Bright White or Granite Crystal, and after everyone and their mother having a "gunmetal" colored vehicle (both my parents, my brother, my wife, several friends) I'm sick of looking at them. Last truck was all black so I went opposite with this one.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Black with the black appearance package. I came from a white Gladiator so I wanted to avoid white. I liked that it didn't have the silver RAM and skid plate. Honestly billet is probably the only other color I would have chosen.

antwon412

Reaction score
Bright white. But added the all black wheels from the black out edition. No 2 tone. Mostly because it’s dumb Ram has gloss black paint on the bottom with matte finish bumpers. Doesn’t match. Might have the lower wrapped in matte black at some point.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went with red, seems to be the signature color of the Rebel. Every piece of literature and initial reviews of the truck were all in red. Also because in person it's an awesome "Ferrari" type red, catches the eye immediately.

I went with monotone because I prefer a solid exterior color and the red interior trim.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Never thought I would own a black vehicle. But Diamond Black Crystal was my favorite of the limited options available on the Rebel. I've done a lot of detailing both personally and some professionally so I knew what I was getting in to. Although it's a lot of work, I have enjoyed owning a black vehicle more than I thought I would. There's a lot of instant gratification when caring for black paint using my arsenal of detailing products. You can really see the difference in the products and techniques you're using when applied to black paint.

FLArebel

Reaction score
Never thought I would own a black vehicle. But Diamond Black Crystal was my favorite of the limited options available on the Rebel. I've done a lot of detailing both personally and some professionally so I knew what I was getting in to. Although it's a lot of work, I have enjoyed owning a black vehicle more than I thought I would. There's a lot of instant gratification when caring for black paint using my arsenal of detailing products. You can really see the difference in the products and techniques you're using when applied to black paint.
Mind sharing your go to products? I recently got a black rebel. I put a coat of chemical guys “black ice” on and have since topped with the last coat with decent results.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Mind sharing your go to products? I recently got a black rebel. I put a coat of chemical guys “black ice” on and have since topped with the last coat with decent results.

My truck had some swirling and marring when I bought it - probably from improper washing techniques at the dealership. This spring I took some time complete paint correction and apply Gyeon ONE which is a entry level ceramic coat. Here is my post about that process including products used: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/gyeon-one-ceramic-coating.20838/#post-298885

The Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions is a really great line of products - never thought I would say that about a Turtle Wax product, but this line is legit. I use the Ceramic Spray Coating product. Also, The Last Coat is a fantastic product - great choice. They also make a SIO2 coating for trim which I have ordered but haven't tried yet - should be a great choice for the Rebel since we have so much plastic trim. Another great product for trim and interior is 303 Aerospace. Use a wax applicator pad to apply - works great and leaves more of a clean, matte finish. For quick touch ups on the paint, my favorite detailing spray is Griot's Garage Speed Shine - use a high quality microfiber. I would suggest having some detailing supplies (especially drying towels, microfiber rags, and wash mits) set aside dedicated only for use on your black truck.

I spend wayyy too much money on detailing supplies; I like to experiment with new stuff. I use daily driver to try new products before applying to my shiney black truck!

orange01z28

Reaction score
Granite Crystal Metallic

It was honestly my 4th choice, but it's how everything fell into place

FLArebel

Reaction score
My truck had some swirling and marring when I bought it - probably from improper washing techniques at the dealership. This spring I took some time complete paint correction and apply Gyeon ONE which is a entry level ceramic coat. Here is my post about that process including products used: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/gyeon-one-ceramic-coating.20838/#post-298885

The Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions is a really great line of products - never thought I would say that about a Turtle Wax product, but this line is legit. I use the Ceramic Spray Coating product. Also, The Last Coat is a fantastic product - great choice. They also make a SIO2 coating for trim which I have ordered but haven't tried yet - should be a great choice for the Rebel since we have so much plastic trim. Another great product for trim and interior is 303 Aerospace. Use a wax applicator pad to apply - works great and leaves more of a clean, matte finish. For quick touch ups on the paint, my favorite detailing spray is Griot's Garage Speed Shine - use a high quality microfiber. I would suggest having some detailing supplies (especially drying towels, microfiber rags, and wash mits) set aside dedicated only for use on your black truck.

I spend wayyy too much money on detailing supplies; I like to experiment with new stuff. I use daily driver to try new products before applying to my shiney black truck!
Thanks!

clazer

Reaction score
I went with red, seems to be the signature color of the Rebel. Every piece of literature and initial reviews of the truck were all in red. Also because in person it's an awesome "Ferrari" type red, catches the eye immediately.

I went with monotone because I prefer a solid exterior color and the red interior trim.

i went with a coin flip on white/red. Both look rad. There happened to be a white one in my config, so white it was.

antwon412

Reaction score
I was on the fence too. I really liked the red but the fact that the interior red is different than the exterior red is not going to pass my standards. It. Would bug me every time I saw it.
I always wanted to buy a white SRT charger with the red interior, but I’m truck guy through and through.

if only I could’ve got a “SRT” Rebel. A Rebel with the 6.4.
i went with a coin flip on white/red. Both look rad. There happened to be a white one in my config, so white it was.

Users who are viewing this thread