5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What better present

JD_&_Thor

Reaction score
What better present than a new 2020 1500 Big Horn?

Hi everyone!
I'm JD, the furry one is Thor.
I just picked up a new RAM over the weekend for my big 4-0 B-Day!
I'm excited to learn about some accessories and features of this new RAM and to make some new friends among fellow RAM enthusiasts!

And, yeah, she's got a HEMI

Skater

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, JD. Happy Birthday and congrats on the your new Ram.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another Bighorn member, great! Here is mine! You’ll notice the laundry list of crap I’ve put on it.. the wallet definitely gets a little lighter. Enjoy your truck and the forum as there is a goldmine of info here. A5ACA49F-3E90-4FFD-9B16-51704DC586B1.jpeg

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son will be celebrating his 40th birthday on July 8th. He has been driving a 4th gen Ram for a few years. Congratulations on both your birthday and your new Ram!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s funny as our oldest daughter turned 36 this year but is a Honda fan..

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I know how you feel, brother. I got my truck on my birthday last year and just couldn’t ask for a better ride. I love it! We ended up signing the papers for our new house this year, again, on my birthday. I think my streak is over. LOL!

Welcome to the club, and wishing you the happiest of birthdays. :)

BmoreStew

Reaction score
Happy birthday! Let me suggest a hellwig rear sway bar as your first upgrade. Won’t regret it!

My upgrades in order of enjoyment
1) Hellwig sway bar ($250)
2) Retrax bed cover with T-tracks ($1,100)
3) Decent tires - I went with 34” KO2s, but to each his own ($800)
4) Vice hidden winch mount w/ 12k Smitty ($800)
5) ram-air CAI kit ($900)
6) suspension level (depends on suspension, but with air ride it was ~$100)
7) Mopar cat back w/ Borla universal resonator (~1,300)
—— these last 2 I wouldn’t purchase again—-
8) Wireless CarPlay adapter ($200) - General connectivity and GPS signal is spotty - I haven’t heard others with GPS problems, so it could be my unit
9) Pedal Commander ($250) - others absolutely love it. I’m definitely in the minority, but It made the truck too sporty for my tastes. Was always afraid something was gonna break.

Last edited:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
That's a weird choice for the 40th. It should be a midlife crisis car, not something practical like a pickup. For myself, I bought a soft top Wrangler shortly before I turned 40.... :giggle:

What I've done to my Ram:
1) Solid Tonneau cover
2) Rear fender liners
3) Running boards
4) Rubber floor mats.

If I'd ordered instead of buying off the lot, 2, 3, and 4 would have been factory options. Instead, they're just factory parts.

I still intend to get a license plate frame made that says, "Yeah, it's got a hemi"

JD_&_Thor

Reaction score
That's a weird choice for the 40th. It should be a midlife crisis car, not something practical like a pickup. For myself, I bought a soft top Wrangler shortly before I turned 40.... :giggle:

What I've done to my Ram:
1) Solid Tonneau cover
2) Rear fender liners
3) Running boards
4) Rubber floor mats.

If I'd ordered instead of buying off the lot, 2, 3, and 4 would have been factory options. Instead, they're just factory parts.

I still intend to get a license plate frame made that says, "Yeah, it's got a hemi"

To each their own mate.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy birthday! Let me suggest a hellwig rear sway bar as your first upgrade. Won’t regret it!

My upgrades in order of enjoyment
1) Hellwig sway bar ($250)
2) Retrax bed cover with T-tracks ($1,100)
3) Decent tires - I went with 34” KO2s, but to each his own ($800)
4) Vice hidden winch mount w/ 12k Smitty ($800)
5) ram-air CAI kit ($900)
6) suspension level (depends on suspension, but with air ride it was ~$100)
7) Mopar cat back w/ Borla universal resonator (~1,300)
—— these last 2 I wouldn’t purchase again—-
8) Wireless CarPlay adapter ($200) - General connectivity and GPS signal is spotty - I haven’t heard others with GPS problems, so it could be my unit
9) Pedal Commander ($250) - others absolutely love it. I’m definitely in the minority, but It made the truck too sporty for my tastes. Was always afraid something was gonna break.
Like BmoreStew suggests I too would recommend getting the Hellwig rear swaybar as 1st mod. I got mine a month ago and would've gotten it a lot sooner after putting it on my Longhorn. I found it for $211.00 online. It provides better ride quality and less body-roll. vs the stock sway bar. **And Installation is an Easy DIY install as well.

Users who are viewing this thread