5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the services that will expire?

reapur

Reaction score
Could someone please list all the connected service subscriptions that came with my 2022 1500 limited.
I'm not finding this info in the manual and other paperwork that I received.
Even though I have less than 1000miles on it, I would like to plan out what I will renew.

Thanks

GMetal

Reaction score
Its the App letting you lock/unlock and sound the horn from your phone. You get updates on truck health, oil change info, locate the truck, and other things.

reapur

Reaction score
I see. Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't sure if there was something on the 12" that will be expiring. I guess there will be an update to the 3 year old maps at some point.
I still need to use that app. at the dealership I tried to send it a map destination and it didn't work and they couldn't figure it out so I just uninstalled it.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I think you will loose the weather app and a few others.
Tom

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Could someone please list all the connected service subscriptions that came with my 2022 1500 limited.
Even though I have less than 1000miles on it, I would like to plan out what I will renew.

Thanks
From Ram Connect website

How long does my trial last?

All new vehicles equipped with Ram Connect include the following trials:
- Safety & Security (10 years)
- Vehicle Performance (5 Years)
- Assistance + Navigation (3 month Trial) (If equipped)

The trial length is measured from the original date of sale or lease of the vehicle. In the case of previously-owned vehicles, any remaining trial period transfers to the new owner if the vehicle is still within 3 months of the original date of sale. A new owner will need to re-enroll the vehicle to activate the services.

These are the services you’ll lose after 3 months And have to pay for if you want to keep them. Look closely because “map updates“ are in there also. You’re nav system will continue to work however you’ll lose some of the items listed below for it.

Assistance + Navigation

Remote Vehicle Operations
Connect to your car no matter where you are. The Ram Mobile App is an essential tool for Ram vehicle owners. With this one app, you’ll have more control of your vehicle, more convenience in your day and more peace of mind than you ever thought possible. Take driving to a whole new level, whether you’re in the driver’s seat or not.
Alexa Vehicle Assistant
Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Alexa on an Alexa-enabled device to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Alexa to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.
Drive Alerts
Drive Alerts helps promote safer driving and gives you peace of mind when your loved ones are out on the road. You can set boundary limits, monitor driving speed, and pinpoint your vehicle’s location at any point and any place.
Send Destination to Vehicle
Use your vehicle’s mobile app to search for a destination or point of interest, then send the address directly to your vehicle’s navigation system – from home, work or anywhere else. By the time you get behind the wheel, your car will be ready to take you where you want to go!
Last Mile Navigation
Because there’s not always a parking spot outside the restaurant or coffee shop, Last Mile Navigation provides walking directions from your parked vehicle to your final destination – or from your destination back to your parking spot – by seamlessly synchronizing your vehicle to your compatible smartphone or wearable device.
Alexa Built-In
With Amazon Alexa Built-In for the Uconnect® 5 radio in your vehicle, you can have the convenience of the Alexa features you enjoy at home, now on the go. Just ask Alexa to play music and audiobooks, place calls, get directions, set reminders and more – all without taking your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.
Google Vehicle Assistant
Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Google on any device with Google Assistant to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Google to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.
Smartwatch Extension
Check on your vehicle as easily and conveniently as you check the time. Select Connected services can be accessed through your compatible smartwatch when it’s paired to your smartphone and vehicle app.
TomTom Navigation
Never fumble for directions on your smartphone again. Uconnect® 5 with TomTom Navigation is an intuitive and advanced navigation system offering the most up-to-date map and location technology available.
TomTom Traffic and Travel Services
From accurate ETAs to instant reroutes based on real-time traffic flow, your navigation map will come to life with TomTom Traffic & Travel Services, a feature that provides increased convenience by integrating up-to-the-moment travel information seamlessly into your journey.
Remote Map Updates
Remote Map Updates keep your Uconnect® system current with the latest street and highway changes, saving time and finding fuel on the most direct routes
Advance Search
New points of interest are created all the time. Advance Search is an always-up-to-date online search solution.
Dynamic Range Mapping
How far can you go with the fuel you have left? Find out with Dynamic Range Mapping, a graphic representation of your current vehicle range using built-in navigation.

Last edited:

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 6-month trial on Assistance & Navigation on my Limited. It just expired 2 weeks ago. I didn't renew.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I let mine expire. I did like the idea of locating the vehicle if itvwas ever stolen but for me the app wasn't worth spending the money to renew. During the trial period I used the app to start the truck twice just because someone inquired about it so I showed them. I'm a mechanic so I didn't really need the vehicle health reports to tell me when service is needed. I'm pretty on top of that to begin with. I find the navigation is mediocre at best. I used it only a few times in the year and a half I've owned the truck and a couple of those times I had to turn around because it brought past my destination. I get the idea for the technology and it does have its place for some people but it's wasn't something I felt was necessary to renew.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I don't see any value in this item. Other than remote vehicle operation and Alexa (which I do not use), the other items I can achieve with my iphone.

I let mine expire. I did like the idea of locating the vehicle if itvwas ever stolen but for me the app wasn't worth spending the money to renew. During the trial period I used the app to start the truck twice just because someone inquired about it so I showed them. I'm a mechanic so I didn't really need the vehicle health reports to tell me when service is needed. I'm pretty on top of that to begin with. I find the navigation is mediocre at best. I used it only a few times in the year and a half I've owned the truck and a couple of those times I had to turn around because it brought past my destination. I get the idea for the technology and it does have its place for some people but it's wasn't something I felt was necessary to renew.
I agree whole heartedly with these. There is not much value in todays world of smart phones for the extra costs to use an app. It’s the manufacturers way of trying to nickel and dime us for a feature that should be free to use. I’m surprised they gave us 10 yrs for SOS package with theft tracking.

Anyone ever use that market place stuff that’s included for 5 yrs? 🤔😂😂

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All those add ons are like the stuff the finance guy at the dealer tries to sell you. Almost all add very little value and like said just a way to nickel and dime you to death. Only thing I ever paid extra for after the free trial expired was XM radio but at a greatly reduced price. Now that I have CarPlay and very easy access to my entire iTunes library of 300+ downloaded cd’s on my phone I don’t even see much value to pay for over the air music anymore.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All those add ons are like the stuff the finance guy at the dealer tries to sell you. Almost all add very little value and like said just a way to nickel and dime you to death. Only thing I ever paid extra for after the free trial expired was XM radio but at a greatly reduced price. Now that I have CarPlay and very easy access to my entire iTunes library of 300+ downloaded cd’s on my phone I don’t even see much value to pay for over the air music anymore.
I'm the same way Dewey, except I have all my music on a USB drive that my truck won't recognize. I have a limited amount on my phone, but would like to put the entire collection on it.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm the same way Dewey, except I have all my music on a USB drive that my truck won't recognize. I have a limited amount on my phone, but would like to put the entire collection on it.
I bought a 128 gb phone just for that reason. Plenty of room for crazy amounts of music.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a 128 gb phone just for that reason. Plenty of room for crazy amounts of music.

Years ago, I worked with a guy who had a friend that worked at a record store in Chicago. He ripped everything in the store and provided it free of charge. I bought an external hard drive and my fried copied everything he had at the time. My personal music I have ripped at the highest quality mp3 I can. All told, I have 428Gb of music, so I don't keep it on my phone. I generally have 60Gb or so on my phone, but would llike to keep the collection in the truck for those long trips.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I agree whole heartedly with these. There is not much value in todays world of smart phones for the extra costs to use an app. It’s the manufacturers way of trying to nickel and dime us for a feature that should be free to use. I’m surprised they gave us 10 yrs for SOS package with theft tracking.

Anyone ever use that market place stuff that’s included for 5 yrs? 🤔😂😂
It's funny you mention the sos feature. I mistakenly hit the red button today while I was trying to turn on the passengers map light for my girlfriend and the voice came on and said "service is not available. If this is an emergency call 911". Apparently that 10 year thing isn't on my 2021 BTS lol

tgram

Reaction score
I let mine expire a few weeks ago as well on my 2022 Limited but will probably renew it after all. I really like the built in navigation (after traffic updates finally started working it was really nice and I did not see any disadvantages using it vs google or apple maps). I hate google enough where I'm willing to pay for them to not track me via navigation, and I also avoid google search on my computers as much as possible.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I let mine expire a few weeks ago as well on my 2022 Limited but will probably renew it after all. I really like the built in navigation (after traffic updates finally started working it was really nice and I did not see any disadvantages using it vs google or apple maps). I hate google enough where I'm willing to pay for them to not track me via navigation, and I also avoid google search on my computers as much as possible.
Doesnt matter what service you use for search engines or navigation. You are being tracked by someone

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the way my navigation works too. I know some people complain that it's not accurate enough, or that it takes weird routes but these complaints are common across various navigation tools not just the built in nav.
I think it's a matter of what you're used to. I like Garmin nav, but I've got a friend who uses Apple for everything and will only navigate with his iphone. I have another friend who swears by his TomTom. I don't think any one system is any better/worse than the next.

As for built in nav. I specifically order my vehicles WITH it because I like the way they work, I've got a giant map available at all times, and I don't have to screw around with my phone. As for paying for service. I don't bother. The majority of the features still work, you just lose the traffic updates. I don't live/drive in congested areas so that's not really an issue. If I run into unexpected traffic, I'll turn onto a side route and let the navigator automatically route me around what I just avoided. It doesn't have to know the traffic is there, I can see it and make my own detour.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks
I think a lot of the features mentioned are part of the Uconnect Guardian subscription. I never pay for that stuff. It's neat to be able to check gas prices or the weather but my phone does it for free. I also never pay for XM radio. It's gotten a lot more laden with adds than it used to be, and there's a lot more "dj" talking now too. If you're going to pay for music, pay for Spotify or Pandora.

tgram

Reaction score
Doesnt matter what service you use for search engines or navigation. You are being tracked by someone

Of course - but I prefer that someone to not be google. I know you can't always avoid google no matter what you try if you are online, but I moved from Android to Apple phone for this same reason and this is another step in the direction to at least make it less likely google is tracking me. By the way, since I moved to apple phone I see a lot less targeted garbage adds in my facebook feed and have no doubt this switch has something to do with that.

Users who are viewing this thread