5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well....

Rustydodge

Reaction score
So L2 autonomy. Expected for light duty refresh, which looks to be 2021. So we now know when the refresh will happen. Hopefully TRX and TR debut at the same time but well before that. Don't want to have to wait for the TR to come around either. Typically I'd expect the TR to come first then later with the TRX like they did with SRT cars (and I'm hoping with the Durango to get hellcat durango next year as a last hurrah for old chassis).

bravo1

Reaction score
I believe this Rebel TRX will be available late 2019 for order....If the current 2 line assembly at SHAP can come up to speed..I just created my factory ordered option list with Mopar created accessories list.The topic is called Ram Rebel TRX option list...

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anxious to see more. I have been staring at that for quite awhile just hoping to see something I already couldn't see.

Still anxiously wondering what those heavy duty Rams have to do with all this, the black ones with the big scoop,

Ready for you guys next article.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My hopes are for the bed rails, the side exit exhaust, we already can get the wheels, and there is a similar headache rack available, will be trickle down and can be added to and regular Rebel.

As much as I want a TRX it won't be happening for me...but a Rebel is getting closer to a reality.

And it is interesting as I have been looking at past concepts and aftermarket trucks to bide the time...how long this concept has actually been played with.

Seems they were just waiting for a proper Raptor killer engine and the Hellcat Fits the bill

Interesting how much the 2500 Macho Powerwagon concept shares with it.

And that rumor of the Rebel Subbrand

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I thought this was interesting:
https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/07/hellcat-demon-and-redeye-power-levels-explained-41259
Changes to airflow garner another 10 horsepower on the new Hellcat Challengers (with no other engine modifications) and the "Redeye" Hellcat Challengers have the Demon engine (beefier lower end), but a different non-Air Grabber hood which reduces its horsepower.
The TRX doesn't have to worry so much about high speed front end lift as it isn't going to be reaching near 200 mph speeds. Which means . . . they could offer a Redeye TRX!
I doubt it, but hey, why not. If they overbuilt the drive train to handle it and people are willing to shell out more money for it, "Give the people what they want."
Call it the HellRaiser (HellRazor?).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I was the proud owner of a 2004 Ram SRT, with the Viper v-10, One scary ride but what a blast to drive. I smoked many a so called sports car with that truck, lots of dropped jaw shots in the rear view. I have been waiting for dodge to step up with a new super Truck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Off topic, but beware if you ever pull up next to this thing: https://www.bankspower.com/project/custom-projects/project-syclone/
Off topic also but there was an invitational display of syclones and typhoons at Trucks Carlisle this year. Pretty interesting group they gathered.

We used to have Mud Drags at a local firehall and one of each would always come in first or second. Wish Dodge would have built a Dakota to directly compete. But I have to admit they were cool trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread