5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well...goodbye gas mileage...hello Pedal Cmndr....HOLY MOLLY!! Me-Like-ee!

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
man...I installed it, and set it to "Sport Plus" on highest sensitivity..just to see the max it could do right out of the gate. Started up truck...touched...and I mean barely TOUCHED the gas, and I felt like I was gonna do a freaking wheelie!.little rubber got burned in the process....if you have a 5.7...you MUST put one of these in. I drove around town a little bit in "Sport Plus"...then bumped it down to "City" with high sensitivity....just right for mellow cruising, but if you want to go..."Sport Plus" is a hoot! Now I think it's time for a muffler to hear this thing crank.

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
man...I installed it, and set it to "Sport Plus" on highest sensitivity..just to see the max it could do right out of the gate. Started up truck...touched...and I mean barely TOUCHED the gas, and I felt like I was gonna do a freaking wheelie!.little rubber got burned in the process....if you have a 5.7...you MUST put one of these in. I drove around town a little bit in "Sport Plus"...then bumped it down to "City" with high sensitivity....just right for mellow cruising, but if you want to go..."Sport Plus" is a hoot! Now I think it's time for a muffler to hear this thing crank.
Dont forget the CAI to complete the trifecta ....i getting 15.7 City 3 mode...
I went with borla atak exhaust- badass
Dont forget the CAI to complete the trifecta ....I am getting 15.7 City 3 mode...

Narg

Reaction score
I had one in my Silverado. Be sure to have an ODB2 reader with the ability to clear error codes. When the Pedal Commander hickups, and it will hickup, it will cause the truck to have an error that must be cleared before it will drive good again. Hopefully it won't hickup when in traffic which could be dangerous. They are fun though. But really not much more than a variable adjustment to the potentiometer that runs the gas system. About the same as just pushing the pedal harder (or lighter), and nothing else.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one in my Silverado. Be sure to have an ODB2 reader with the ability to clear error codes. When the Pedal Commander hickups, and it will hickup, it will cause the truck to have an error that must be cleared before it will drive good again. Hopefully it won't hickup when in traffic which could be dangerous. They are fun though. But really not much more than a variable adjustment to the potentiometer that runs the gas system. About the same as just pushing the pedal harder (or lighter), and nothing else.
Oh ya. I installed it "too soon" before the ECU went to sleep mode. So I had codes galore on start up. No problem. I have a scan tool. Cleared the codes and all good. Will remember your advice for the future. Thanks

Mb34928

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see if there really is a 20% fuel savings in eco mode on the Hemi. Anyone willing to try it for a week?

RamSco

Reaction score
I don’t have Pedal Commander but do have S&B cold air intake and Flowmaster American Thunder cat back. Love both! The Flowmaster is 3” all the way to 4” black tips (which I like better than 5”). Great low and throaty sound at low throttle pressure and frickin hellcat-like at very firm pressure.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh ya. I installed it "too soon" before the ECU went to sleep mode. So I had codes galore on start up. No problem. I have a scan tool. Cleared the codes and all good. Will remember your advice for the future. Thanks
Also don't shift modes while your accelerating to avoid codes.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Jayturk

Reaction score
Hi forum,
I ordered a pedal Commander, waiting for it to arrive, my question is where do you mount it? I had a Pedal Commander on my previous car and mounting was really discreet. Does anyone have pics of your mounting locations? I was thinking closer to the driver door. Thanks for your input.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i did not mout mine i just ran the cable so the PC drapes and rests in the front side console pocket. easy to grab and adjust buttons when needed and no extra lights are illuminating the cab.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just as stated above^^^^^I try to keep stock look with no stuff velcroed or taped on to dash board. Unless your going to change frequently and on the fly(not recommended to avoid codes) I would keep tucked away. Keep in mind you can change via bluetooth.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi forum,
I ordered a pedal Commander, waiting for it to arrive, my question is where do you mount it? I had a Pedal Commander on my previous car and mounting was really discreet. Does anyone have pics of your mounting locations? I was thinking closer to the driver door. Thanks for your input.
give me a minute, will be back with a photo of mine.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this is where I put it. I like being able to see what mode it is, but it's not in my face, I have to kind of look behind the steering wheel to check it. i don't change modes a lot, and only if the trans is in park. IMG_20200323_085805798.jpg IMG_20200323_085816412.jpg

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I was looking there but I really want to try and hide that wire. Semper Fi!
cool..if you want to hide the wire, mount on the other side of the steering wheel than I have it on, there is an opening in the column boot for the steering wheel adjustment lever, you can snake the wire through that. No one will see it.

Jayturk

Reaction score
Pedal Commander came today, install took all of 2 minutes. I decided to mount it left of the start button w/the wires tucked behind the panels. it's not obviously noticeable.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please make sure that if you take it to the local mechanic/technician you either disable it or REMIND them that you have it .. the poor tech jumps in and thinks he is in a normal rig and the outcome isn't pretty.

I want to get one myself since I have the RAM AIR .. I kept asking FCA why they don't give us the SPORT button on the rig since we did purchase the SPORT add-on package LOL

Users who are viewing this thread