5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weathertech Stone and Bug Deflector

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weathertech’s website shows they have their stone and bug deflector for the 2019 Ram, but it doesn’t show a picture and a web search is not producing any pics. Has anyone installed a Weathertech stone and bug deflector? I’m thinking about a dark smoked deflector for my Billet Silver Ram.

Thanks.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Weathertech’s website shows they have their stone and bug deflector for the 2019 Ram, but it doesn’t show a picture and a web search is not producing any pics. Has anyone installed a Weathertech stone and bug deflector? I’m thinking about a dark smoked deflector for my Billet Silver Ram.

Thanks.

Just installed it yesterday.

Zeeya

Reaction score
From the pictures I have seen, it looks like the WT comes around the corner a little more to protect corner of fender, or am I just imaging it. I just talked to dealership today and they can get the Mopar over night, but the price he gave me was close to $130. Seems high. I am going to search tonight and compare prices. Seems like I have seen AVS for 70-80 bucks.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I wanted to get the Matte black to match the front end of the black rebel, but that definitely looks great.

4x4Rebel

Reaction score
Man the front of that Rebel looks badass period. Do the deflectors really work? Not sure there is anything that can deflect love bugs.
It catches a decent amount for sure. I get a few further up the hood when I'm at 70 or higher. But most marks are found on the deflector or grill. Plus I like the look. Here's a side pic. Really like it. 20190810_111620.jpg

romean

Reaction score
Ordered the WT stone/bug deflector from CTA today. https://www.car-truck-accessories.com/
Had to call them to order it as it is not on their website. Part no is 50272
Price including shipping was $69 out the door. That makes it cheaper than ordering direct from WeatherTech at $60 + shipping and tax.

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
I was at WeatherTech in the burbs of Chicago 2 weeks ago (got my 3-d mats..after making sure they weren't a) slick and b) inflexible...as some on the forum have reported). Our drive from NM to Chicago (through farm country on NM, OK, KS, NE state hwys) showed me that my hood isn't the target...that LTD grill was stuffed with grasshoppers & locusts and looked like a Freddy Krueger after effect.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Does that thing create some kind of vortex up over your truck to protect your windshield and hood? It would have to be quite a strong vortex to deflect rocks. Cause it does nothing for any of the front of the truck below it. Dont kill me for asking, just trying to get the idea. Cause it is so small, it would seem it would only deflect what hits it directly, which wouldnt be much. Just sayin'. I am not an expert on these things.

Users who are viewing this thread