5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech MudFlaps defect or what?

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
I have never had a truck before my RAM. I decided to install WeatherTech MudFlaps (made sure to order the front and back pairs selecting that my vehicle has NO fender flares). Seemed easy enough, however, I notice after driving through a muddy/grassy field a few times over the weekend mud had seeped through the seams and began to roll down the back of the flaps. Is this normal or should there not be a seam for this to have happened?

Pictures are attached. It has rained since, so not much mud is left. Any input helps. Thanks. 29649B38-8365-4849-A102-06E61D6D8BFA.jpeg F19C7D80-7DD6-45D4-B256-1CB96FE348FB.jpeg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like there is enough gap in the front for water/mud to seep into the back. I don't think it's a design flaw, it's just not a watertight fit. No mud flap that I know of are.

Dtbrew

Reaction score
There is a bit of a gap on mine, but you do need to make sure when installing that the lip on the top edge lines up with the bump in the inner wheel liner to minimize the gap. When I put mine on at first they wanted to sit too far to the outside. I loosened the screws and pushed the top edge in toward the bed and the gaps got smaller once I had it lined up.

j517

Reaction score
Can u put silicone and seal gap I want to order a set tiered of driving down the street and hearing the rocks hitting the truck

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread