5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WATCH: Meet Our New 2022 Ram 1500 Limited Long Term Test Truck!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

WATCH: Meet Our New 2022 Ram 1500 Limited Long Term Test Truck!​

We Will Keep You Informed As We Put This Truck Through The Paces...​

1650351227368.png

A few weeks ago, we picked up a new 2022 Ram 1500 Limited Night Edition to use as a long-term test truck for both MoparInsiders and 5thGenRams. I’ve previously owned a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport, 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoDiesel, and a 2020 Ram 3500 Limited Cummins HO, and generally was happy with all my previous trucks.

Florida RAM

Reaction score
That is terrible mileage. I just did a road trip from Pensacola to Tallahassee and back and got 23mpg. At the time the truck only had about 700 miles on it. I have the 3.21 gears...maybe that is the difference.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but is there any way I could contact the same people & get in on this action? I have a 22 Limited that I picked up the afternoon of April 8th & here we are 63 days later and over 11,000 miles. I drive a LOT for work & plan on putting a million miles on this thing - pretty much as long as the chassis will hold up. Dealer oil changes & tire rotated every 5k just like I did in my 21 Laramie.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is terrible mileage. I just did a road trip from Pensacola to Tallahassee and back and got 23mpg. At the time the truck only had about 700 miles on it. I have the 3.21 gears...maybe that is the difference.
I think that sorta depends on the user. I went from 3.21 to 3.92 & noticed a 2-3 drop in MPG’s (thank God I have a job where my employer pays for fuel) but on both trucks I also turn MDS off, have a heavy foot, & also use tow/haul for back roads, windy roads, passing people, etc. Air quality/hilly terrain can play a bit of a factor as well.

Florida RAM

Reaction score
I think that sorta depends on the user. I went from 3.21 to 3.92 & noticed a 2-3 drop in MPG’s (thank God I have a job where my employer pays for fuel) but on both trucks I also turn MDS off, have a heavy foot, & also use tow/haul for back roads, windy roads, passing people, etc. Air quality/hilly terrain can play a bit of a factor as well.
The user is the most important part. I drive like a little old lady. Even when I had a BMW M3, I still drove it like it was made of glass. I try to keep the Eco light on as much as possible. Very rarely put the hammer down.

Users who are viewing this thread