5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washing truck & lights turn on?

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
Does anyone know why when I wash my truck, the lights turn on and blinkers flash randomly?

Thanks

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
Nope. I was spraying the truck. Also, this has happened multiple times.

Ram92131

Reaction score
My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee always does the same if I have the key fob in my pocket and water is sprayed behind the door handle. Take the key fob away and it won’t happen.

Rocketman

Reaction score
Washed mine yesterday for the first time and it did the exact same thing. I put the key fob in the house and presto, no more light show

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Water conducts electricity. So....if you have your key fob in your pocket (or too close to the truck) the lights will flash, etc. (just like if you had grabbed the door handle. Just put your key fog in the garage while you wash your truck. Or, don't worry about it and just know that this will happen. Doesn't cause any harm.

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
My current truck, Ford Raptor, does the same thing.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Does anyone know why when I wash my truck, the lights turn on and blinkers flash randomly?

Thanks
Yeah... It's your key fob. All vehicles do it. My Mercedes, and wife's Lexus do the same thing. Just leave it inside the truck when washing. Problem solved.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
same happens with my truck, When I spray the side mirrors the puddle lights seem to come on lol thought I was going crazy glad im not alone.

Rayzram

Reaction score
Same here. My 17 Tacoma I could press and hold lock button and disable it while washing, then press and hold unlock to enable . Tried on the Ram and it did nothing, so I just leave the remote far enough away from truck so it does not do this.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2011 Jeep Grand cherokee also does this. As others have mentioned- nothing to worry about and its been happening for years lol

Users who are viewing this thread