5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty offer

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
Purchased a Rebel today and going back to the dealer tomorrow to pick it up. They offered me a warranty tailored to my situation. I have 3 vehicles and combined only drive about 10,000 miles a year. This is a Chrysler extended 84 month warranty (comp wrap coverage) and has a 200 deductible with a 75,000 mile cap for $1286.00. This rebel has the 12" display, sunroof and air suspension, all big ticket repair costs if they fail after the 36 month factory warranty. Is this a deal or no deal looking at the numbers? Thanks for any input.

Flot

Reaction score
Make sure you are getting a legit “maximum care” warranty. That sounds like a good price for the 84/75k. They are not doing anything special for you - Mopar offers a wide range of plans.

Personally I would go for the $100 deductible plan, IIRC it only costs $150 or so more, which means if you use it twice in the life of the warranty you come out ahead.

You can price check against https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

Rick J

Reaction score
If it is the FCA warranty (maximum care), you can buy it from Zeigler for $960. As was mentioned above, you can get the $100 deductible for $1105. I wouldn't buy any other warranty than the FCA Maximum Care. Also, you have up to a year to make a decision whether to buy it or not and still get the same pricing as new off the lot.

Make sure to redeem code payinfull to get the best price (of course you will have to pay in full when buying but it saves $365.00)

Last edited:

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
Thanks for the links and the help Flot and Rick J. This is a great forum.

Chavez98

Reaction score
If it is the FCA warranty (maximum care), you can buy it from Zeigler for $960. As was mentioned above, you can get the $100 deductible for $1105. I wouldn't buy any other warranty than the FCA Maximum Care. Also, you have up to a year to make a decision whether to buy it or not and still get the same pricing as new off the lot.

Make sure to redeem code payinfull to get the best price (of course you will have to pay in full when buying but it saves $365.00)

I was offered a third party warranty, CNA, instead of FCA. I told the finance guy I would think about it. The 10 yr vs 8yrs sounds good but it cost $400 more for CNA. Based on all the recommendations in his site I should go FCA. Are there just that many horror stories on the third party insurance?

Flot

Reaction score
I was offered a third party warranty, CNA, instead of FCA. I told the finance guy I would think about it. The 10 yr vs 8yrs sounds good but it cost $400 more for CNA. Based on all the recommendations in his site I should go FCA. Are there just that many horror stories on the third party insurance?

Yes. There are infinite horror stories about aftermarket warranties, including a huge national company that sold tens of thousands of plans - and then went belly up.

YMMV but I would never buy a non-FCA warranty, especially if they’re in the same price ballpark. I’ve had good experiences with the max care plans over the last 20 years.

cra1g

Reaction score
When you go to a dealer with an FCA warranty, you're just covered. That's it. With 3rd-party plans, sometimes the dealer has to call to get pre-authorized; sometimes you have to pay out of pocket and wait to be reimbursed, etc.

Chavez98

Reaction score
Yes. There are infinite horror stories about aftermarket warranties, including a huge national company that sold tens of thousands of plans - and then went belly up.

YMMV but I would never buy a non-FCA warranty, especially if they’re in the same price ballpark. I’ve had good experiences with the max care plans over the last 20 years.

Thank you for that. I’m going with the FCA.

Chavez98

Reaction score
When you go to a dealer with an FCA warranty, you're just covered. That's it. With 3rd-party plans, sometimes the dealer has to call to get pre-authorized; sometimes you have to pay out of pocket and wait to be reimbursed, etc.
This my decision a lot clearer. Thank you.

Rick J

Reaction score
This my decision a lot clearer. Thank you.
On the Zeigler site (best price I've found for the FCA Maximum Care) , they say FCA is raising their prices July 1st. Maybe just a sales ploy but something to think about if you are sure you want to get the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread