5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty effected by lifts ??

deshon366

Reaction score
I’m hearing conflicting info in reference to lift not installed by authorized ram/Dodge dealership or aftermarket ( non mopar lift) voiding out factory or extended Mopar warranties . Can anyone confirm factual info in reference to this?

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
I recently put the rough country 3.5 bolt on lift and 35x12.5r18 tires on my rebel. This could be complete bs but i was talking to a friend who is a dodge engineer and he said neither should void my warranty unless dodge can prove it was the mods that caused the issue in the first place. Im sure some dealerships would give you issues while others wouldn't

trixdesigns

Reaction score
it all depends on what needs to be warrantied...
If your transmission goes out, they can blame the lift + bigger tires
If your wheel bearings go out, same thing
If your radio stops working.. obviously, it cannot be related and would be covered

deshon366

Reaction score
Thank you all , seems it’s a really grey area and chancing it unless the lifts by the dealer & OEM or Mopar hardware used

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
Thank you all , seems it’s a really grey area and chancing it unless the lifts by the dealer & OEM or Mopar hardware used
Also, some of the lift manufacturers will warranty the parts that the lift effects if the dealership refuses. Rough Country actually has a pretty solid warranty on their lifts so if any parts of your truck fail because of the lift they'll fix it.

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
it all depends on what needs to be warrantied...
If your transmission goes out, they can blame the lift + bigger tires
If your wheel bearings go out, same thing
If your radio stops working.. obviously, it cannot be related and would be covered

Dealer told me unless I went above my 6" lift warranty was not effected

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The warranty would effect the suspension that is directly tied to your modifications. Like if you did a level lift with spacers and your stock UCA's went out due to excess wear because of the level, it wouldn't be covered.

However if your engine had an oil leak or your screen broke, it wouldn't effect that.

If you get a lift using factory upgrades installed at the dealer, then you are covered. However that is much more expensive.

dirtydog24

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2020 1500 and got the usual extended warranty through Chrysler care and they actually have a separate warranty specifically for lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
My dealer had my Lift out on before purchase, so everything better be warrantied.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
It's simple.

Any aftermarket lift will void the RAM warranty for any issues related to that aftermarket lift. Which can include many driveline components.

If a dealer tells you they will not void your warranty if they install an aftermarket lift then that promise is only with that specific dealer (and you better get it in writing). If you go to another dealer with an issue they can tell you to get lost. If they have to get RAM to approve the warranty work I can almost guarantee you they will deny you. Worse case being they flag your truck in the system for aftermarket suspension; so that even if you take the truck back to stock it won't matter. Congrats, your VIN is now flagged for their entire dealer network.

The ONLY lift that is honored by RAM is the Mopar lift. If it's installed by a 3rd party your suspension warranty may still be questioned if they decide the fault is with the install.

I've been dealing with this type of stuff for decades in the car tuner world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread