5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting on my first Ram to arrive

warvet

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm new to the forum. Current 16 GMC Sierra owner.....my third GMC.

Jumped ship to Ram when I ordered my 19 Longhorn on May 16 in diamond black crystal and black/new saddle interior, 5.7L V8 HEMI, 8 speed trans, anti spin diff, 33 gallon tank, pano sunroof, 22.9 wheels, advanced safety group, Longhorn Level 1 Equipment group. MSRP $65,380 as built. Dealer price $59,226 (-) $1K SE Bonus Rebate (-) $1K USAA rebates for sale price of $57,226. I do have the sheet that shows Friends/Family Program price of $59,303 and employee program of $57,035.

Ordered on May 16, received order # May 18, received VIN May 21, D status May 23, went to D1 status on June 1

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! From what many of us have experienced...expect to spend close to a full 30 days in D1.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like your move to D1 was quick tho, makes things a LITTLE less painful lol. Congrats!

warvet

Reaction score
Called today and got “paint” status but they told me it actually did that yesterday. Knowing what I know on the other forum where we are tracking ...the build is done. Just the lag isn’t showing “built pending inspection” .....they gave me a ship date of next two days which I don’t believe unless they shot it to the two vendors —1 for bed liner and 1 for auto running boards immediately......that phase I’ve seen take a week or two. So ordered May 16, D1 status June 1, and build began June 20.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can be honest with u that ship date is a bunch of garbage.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Called today and got “paint” status but they told me it actually did that yesterday. Knowing what I know on the other forum where we are tracking ...the build is done. Just the lag isn’t showing “built pending inspection” .....they gave me a ship date of next two days which I don’t believe unless they shot it to the two vendors —1 for bed liner and 1 for auto running boards immediately......that phase I’ve seen take a week or two. So ordered May 16, D1 status June 1, and build began June 20.

Aren't you still showing D1 on the other forum ?

warvet

Reaction score
I can be honest with u that ship date is a bunch of garbage.

Yeeeeah, that’s kinda what i said. I don’t believe it. Yours took a long time ....like the length of time limiteds and longhorns equipped like limiteds take. Your train ride was hectic. I just saw your status. Congrats

Last edited:

warvet

Reaction score
Aren't you still showing D1 on the other forum ?
Yep. That’s what I referenced as “lag” in reporting. I’ve been watching reporting on that forum and there is definitely lag!! U see “Freenc”....yesterday (20 June) he was D1. Today (21 June) he showed built 19 June. Now —hopefully I won’t have a heart attacking if I find out that two ppl at ram have lied to me. My dealer also said it’s being built. I’ve seen guys report their truck was being painted on the same day their dealer called and said “truck is here”.........today, I finished 3 projects, but I didn’t updated the system to show them complete. I kept working on other stuff. “Maybe” I’ll update it tomorrow (lag in reporting)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. That’s what I referenced as “lag” in reporting. I’ve been watching reporting on that forum and there is definitely lag!! U see “Freenc”....yesterday (20 June) he was D1. Today (21 June) he showed built 19 June. Now —hopefully I won’t have a heart attacking if I find out that two ppl at ram have lied to me. My dealer also said it’s being built. I’ve seen guys report their truck was being painted on the same day their dealer called and said “truck is here”.........today, I finished 3 projects, but I didn’t updated the system to show them complete. I kept working on other stuff. “Maybe” I’ll update it tomorrow (lag in reporting)
If it shows D1 then it’s D1 don’t believe Ram ask “Slim” he will tell you the same thing.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
S
Sign up for MOTS it’s the only thing that is honest and true. Ram will tell you anything to get you off their back

warvet

Reaction score
S
Sign up for MOTS it’s the only thing that is honest and true. Ram will tell you anything to get you off their back
Sir I’m on MOTS. I see ur truck “over there” too. And yes, I’ve seen Lag with MOTS. The example I just gave with “Freenc” was MOTS reporting that I saw with my own eyes yesterday and today. At the end of the day, we all just want our trucks and so I’ll just leave it alone. But lag is lag. Human hands enter computer statuses. Slim had a bad ordeal and so have others. I hope I don’t but it won’t change my mind about lag in reporting. I’ll come back and say “boy was I wrong” if that’s the case and take my spanking. Lol

warvet

Reaction score
Oh also remember —the guy giving all of us our MOTS statuses said he may or may not report statuses for frame/paint/trim. Therefore ppl are jumping from D1 straight to I-built. He gives that disclaimer down at the bottom under code explanations. I have only seen one or two ppl codes for frame/paint/trim. Therefore I don’t find it old that my truck “may” be being built and not showing since he actually told us it may not

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh also remember —the guy giving all of us our MOTS statuses said he may or may not report statuses for frame/paint/trim. Therefore ppl are jumping from D1 straight to I-built. He gives that disclaimer down at the bottom under code explanations. I have only seen one or two ppl codes for frame/paint/trim. Therefore I don’t find it old that my truck “may” be being built and not showing since he actually told us it may not

HOPE it's true for you... a lot of us are gun shy since we've been given blow off and misleading statements from RAM customer care.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever keeps your sanity

warvet

Reaction score
HOPE it's true for you... a lot of us are gushy since we've been given blow off and misleading statements from RAM customer care.
I absolutely understand and hope I’m not coming off as argumentative. I know forums can read that way. I have honestly been provided the same exact info from Ram, my dealer, and MOTS so far. I hope it stays that way but I’m prepared to be told 1 week from today that I’m back in D1. I was just stopping through to give everyone an update. My date on the wall is the last week in July which will be 10 weeks. I’ve stuck with that date regardless of updates I get. That’s how I keep my sanity

Last edited:

warvet

Reaction score
And this gentlemen........is lag in reporting. Can we believe it now? Yesterday, 21 June, I reported to you guys Ram customer service told me I was in “F” status for painting. Told me that status occurred on 20 June. But MOTS still had me in D1 on the other site. Today, 22June, I’m now “I” status.....built pending inspection—build was complete before you and I were debating last night. MOTS did not show the build process. It jumps from D1 straight to I in most cases just as the gentleman told us on the other site. Watch what happens to all those other June 1 D1 guys. So to all the others, don’t lose faith. Don’t assume you will have issues because others did. Thus far, Ram reporting has been identical to my dealer and MOTS. And yesterday, they surpassed my expectation. When/if they screw up, I’ll come back and let u know because I’m not out of the woods yet!!!!! MOTS has one guy in “I” status since the 13th which is uncommon when I look at others’ timeline. His limited should be at vendors. We’ll see.

warv3t(Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered:05/16/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date:06/01/2018
Estimated delivery:TBD
Built pending inspection:06/21/18 07:12:00 PM

Last edited:

cjgerson

Reaction score
Congrats man! Hopefully you will be behind the wheel in 2-3 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread