5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VR Stopped working

jdale

Reaction score
Just picked up the truck, have < 500 miles on it and UConnect VR just stopped working. The button will still operate a Car Play or Android Autos phone but not the UConnect stuff. Any Advice?

Oh, and happy to be part of the family!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up the truck, have < 500 miles on it and UConnect VR just stopped working. The button will still operate a Car Play or Android Autos phone but not the UConnect stuff. Any Advice?

Oh, and happy to be part of the family!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the truck! When the button is not functioning, do you have a CarPlay or Android Auto device plugged in? Regardless, the button functions differently for each system. If you press and hold the button (doesn't' take that long of a hold), it should activate Siri Eyes free, or if a device is running CP or AA, it will activate that devices assistant.

However, if at any time you simply tap that button (not press and hold), it will activate the Uconnect Voice Recognition prompts.

If, in fact, it does not work like this, it sounds like it's time for a trip to the dealer.

jdale

Reaction score
Well, guess I'm off to the dealer then... 468 miles in and I'm heading back...

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck. Hopefully it’s something simple. Post back and let us know what happened. In the meantime....

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

jdale

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up but unfortunantly, that's not going to work for us. My wife drives a Durango and I traded a Jeep on the Ram. We're an FCA family.

Users who are viewing this thread