5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume

JWHorner

Reaction score
Hello all. I’ve got a new 2020 ram with the 8.4 inch. I got the six speaker set up from the factory and decided to upgrade with aftermarket speakers. The system sounds really good now but I’ve run into a weird issue with my stereo. I like really loud music and want to use my new system to its fullest capability but really when I turn up my stereo after 26 there’s not much of a difference all the way up to 38.Is there a way to increase the max volume or to increase the stereos volume capabilities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Hello all. I’ve got a new 2020 ram with the 8.4 inch. I got the six speaker set up from the factory and decided to upgrade with aftermarket speakers. The system sounds really good now but I’ve run into a weird issue with my stereo. I like really loud music and want to use my new system to its fullest capability but really when I turn up my stereo after 26 there’s not much of a difference all the way up to 38.Is there a way to increase the max volume or to increase the stereos volume capabilities?

Simple answer add an amp.

The base six speaker system is simple but I noticed distortion after volume 26 when I installed my amp. Si make that the max volume when setting gains and problem solved.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fade the volume to the front, it helps quite a bit. I've noticed some additional clarity since I bypassed ANC but that could be placebo effect. The ghost that lived in back seat is gone though

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Lone Star is correct...having more speakers doesn't help if you don't have the additional power to drive the speakers. You need to more watts to push them. It's the same way how guitar amplifiers work (ex semi pro musician here ;)

frybel

Reaction score
Bumping the thread. So what’s the best way to wire in the amp? Take the line in to the ANC and then the line out from the amp to the speaker wires?

Users who are viewing this thread