5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl

KeithStone76

Reaction score
It seems like there aren't to many folk like me out there anymore who want a regular ol truck. Vinyl seats and vinyl floors. Basic amenities in a vehicle. I do like Bluetooth though. In my area, it's very hard to find a 1500 with vinyl seats and floors. I get there are people who spend a lot of time in their trucks and want to be comfortable. I just might have to order a truck from a dealer or do a nationwide search. Rant over.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I'm kind of on the other end of the spectrum... I built a truck on the RAM website last night, and it showed 0 matches to what I was looking for. I didnt think I wanted a unicorn by any means, but I suppose so... hood luck in your search!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do the dealers build what people want or do they build with the most mark up? Perhaps a combination of the two, a tradesman vs a limited?

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Good rant.
I was still messing around with the build/price thing when they had a massive 25% off sale, so I went to the inventory search function to find something acceptable in dealer stock somewhere. I knew what I wanted for bed length and engine and such. The box I never checked was the model/ trim level. It just isn't important to me. Chrome grill? Fine. Painted? Fine, too. Leather, cloth, or vinyl seats? Whichever.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Vinyl seats and floors have been traditionally work/fleet trucks. Here, if they are ordered for the consumer market, they are the ones that just are left sitting on the lots.
the heavy duty vinyl seats are pretty sturdy.

Users who are viewing this thread