5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl Wrap matching Big Horn Bright White?

tank3011570

Reaction score
I got my first truck last month and really like it! I am trying to wrap my chrome bumpers to match the big horn bright white color, but couldn't find one that can match the body color close enough. I have ordered the following samples below, but none of them matches the big horn bright white color enough. Someone mentioned www.colorxlabs.com has exact color match vinyl wrap but the $500+ for 4.5'x9' size wrap is pricey.

Avery SW900 Supreme Wrapping Vinyl Film Gloss White
Avery SW900 Supreme Wrapping Vinyl Film Gloss White Diamond (I think this white color does match the bright white better than others but the diamond style is just so different from the big horn plain gloss white style)
Avery SW900 Supreme Wrapping Vinyl Film Matte White
Avery SW900 Supreme Wrapping Vinyl Film Satin White
3M 2080 Matte White Vinyl Wrap
3M 2080 Satin Frozen Vanilla Vinyl Wrap
3M 2080 Satin White Vinyl Wrap
3M 2080 Gloss White Vinyl Wrap

I couldn't find any good information from google or this forum. Does anyone know which vinyl wrap has a better chance to match the big horn bright white? Thanks.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
$500 seems pretty high for the vinyl, but since I don't have any experience with it I have no real idea of the cost. Does that include application? You might just want to look into painting them instead.

Just as an FYI...the Big Horn doesn't have it's own version of bright white. Bright white is the same no matter which Ram 1500 model you have, Tradesman all the way up to the Limited. Bright white is bright white. There's no need to specify Big Horn.

ToeKnee

Reaction score
I ordered over 15 different sample color of vinyl wrap and all of them didn’t match the color perfectly. The closest white I could find were the kpmf gloss white or the 3m gloss white. I end up going with the kpmf and you really can’t tell the white isn’t matching unless your looking at it up close.

jtothecruz

Reaction score
I ordered over 15 different sample color of vinyl wrap and all of them didn’t match the color perfectly. The closest white I could find were the kpmf gloss white or the 3m gloss white. I end up going with the kpmf and you really can’t tell the white isn’t matching unless your looking at it up close.
Is it possible to post some close ups? Your RAM from your avatar looks nice and couldn't even notice it being wrapped. I am assuming that you also wrapped the grill and unibrow as well? If so was it difficult? Looking to do the same.

tank3011570

Reaction score
Thanks! Your truck looks great! I will try KPMF and probable some other samples too. Did you remove your front and rear bumper when you wrapped it?

ToeKnee

Reaction score
Thanks! Your truck looks great! I will try KPMF and probable some other samples too. Did you remove your front and rear bumper when you wrapped it?

I was planning the wrap myself at first but realize the front grill was hard as hell to wrap. I ended just having them done at a shop near me which I do believe they told me they took everything off the truck to wrap them.

JMartin

Reaction score
One thing to note, vinyl on a metal bumper "dings" easier than a plastic bumper with some give. Up close the white vinyl on my metal bumper looks awful (being honest). There are chrome specks poking through everywhere. I wont wrap it again. I try to find an inexpensive white bumper all the time.

fireberd350

Reaction score
One thing to note, vinyl on a metal bumper "dings" easier than a plastic bumper with some give. Up close the white vinyl on my metal bumper looks awful (being honest). There are chrome specks poking through everywhere. I wont wrap it again. I try to find an inexpensive white bumper all the time.

@JMartin What's the latest on your bumpers? I'm trying to figure out options myself and vinyl is my leading option after looking into the cost and effort to get new paintable bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread