5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vice Design hidden winch mount

Redfour5

Reaction score
https://www.vicedesign.ca/collections/hidden-winch-mounts

Has anyone done this on a 5th gen? If so, any advice one way or the other or what "accessories" to purchase with it and why? Alternative winches? By accessories, I mean clutch relocation kit and control box relocation kit.
Ask and ye shall receive. I've been looking and found this video from apparently just 14 days ago.
Please though any written feedback is desired.

Jerstein1

Reaction score
its not too difficult. I went with the Smitty x2o 12k and the clutch relocation kit and the control box kit. It came with the bracket and long enough cables to take all of the guesswork out of it. I didn't end up using the metal plate that is included because I'm not personally a fan of the look, so I cut out the grille so the mount can stick through, ever so slightly. It's a pretty cheap part so if you mess it up, you can get another easily. finally. I finished with factor55 fairlead and ultrahook. Big fan of the wireless controller with the x2o!

Attachments

• PXL_20200927_170840197.MP.jpg
    PXL_20200927_170840197.MP.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20210227_212324978.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210227_212324978.MP.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 55

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
@Redfour5; Great video!

I also just ordered my Vice Design hidden mount system. Like @Jerstein1, I went with the Smittybilt X20 12K as I had that winch on my 2015 Tundra build and it performed great (also lighter than the recommended Warn EVO series winches) and want to try to reuse the factory lower grille section as well. Matt at Vice Design was a pleasure to work with as he was very responsive and informative despite my numerous questions and order changes; highly recommend Vice Design over some of the other vendors that quite frankly were totally nonresponsive to my inquiries. Very excited to get everything installed since I am always bopping around off-road somewhere!

Users who are viewing this thread